Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Verus others

• 01-10-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I currently use a blackberry as do some of my work mates , if find it great for backing up , updating and even setting up new users , some of the other users are asking can they not have a similiar phone that ssupports email etc but is more of a personal phone ? we are on vodafone so ipod is not yet available , can anyone recommend another phone - it must be easy to set up new users , or switch devices and email must be more or less instant . :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nokia E51 (i think) A few of the chaps in my place take that over the blackberry.

Personally I prefer the BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

Cheers will check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I use a blackberry for work and find it terrible. The user interface is poor and the track ball is constantly getting stuck, I've had to have it replaced because of the track ball. Ill be looking for a iphone or palm pre next, but need to find out more about their email functions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Can I hijack this thread for a min.....I got a 8800 just to see whether or not it suited me. It did. Now I wanna get a 8900 as it has wifi (my 8800 doesnt).
    I wanna get the maps. Are there maps for Ireland and UK?
    If I use my upgrade do the maps come with the "box" or they bought seperately as a app.
    Are the one's on e-bay generally ok.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd go for the E71 over the E51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I would also recommend the E71.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you look at the E71 Op, you might as well look at the E72 aswell. It will be on sale next week

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

rilly99 wrote: »
    I currently use a blackberry as do some of my work mates , if find it great for backing up , updating and even setting up new users , some of the other users are asking can they not have a similiar phone that ssupports email etc but is more of a personal phone ? we are on vodafone so ipod is not yet available , can anyone recommend another phone - it must be easy to set up new users , or switch devices and email must be more or less instant . :D

Can I hijack my own thread back please to see if any answers to my original query

Advertisement