Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH: I need your help.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

liah wrote: »
    Because it belongs to the person I was visiting who's paying for it..?

ask them for a train/bus ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Have your tried turning your life off and on again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be asking an ex for that! uhh.

Anyway, you really needed a thread for us to say sex?
    otw to tralee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

some people dont read... she cant ask them, i presume its a case of getting out of there asap with any means possible... ask boards admins if they need a shoeshinner? sell yourself to AH mods? the embassey idea is a good one though, have you tried speaking with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

How long were you seeing this guy?
    Surely he's not going to leave you stranded and penniless in Tralee??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

On a lot of those train stations it's remarkably easy to just jump on the train no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Go to the train station. Wait for the train to come in that will be leaving for Mullingar. After everyone gets off, go up to the gate and say you just came in on it and left something on the train, and ask if you can go back onto the train to get it. Then hide in the toilet until it leaves. If you could nab an orange hi-vis vest even better.

Splinter wrote: »
    some people dont read... she cant ask them, i presume its a case of getting out of there asap with any means possible... ask boards admins if they need a shoeshinner? sell yourself to AH mods? the embassey idea is a good one though, have you tried speaking with them?

yay he liked my idea :D

i must agree with what others are saying at the train station, just hop on a train, nobody will ask cos about half way through the journey a ticket inspector "might" get on but just get off again or go in the toilet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Loopy wrote: »
    How long were you seeing this guy?
    Surely he's not going to leave you stranded and penniless in Tralee??

A few months, though we were living together for all but 2 weeks of that.. can't continue the relationship though as he's in college here and it's too much of a strain to be visiting back and forth, etc. So it was a mutual decision to end it.

Point is, it's peaceable so he'll put me up til I can figure out how to get home, but it's still awkward, you know? Rather not be in the situation, frankly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sell all non essential clothes (i.e. everything except underwear) for money to buy food to eat.

Then stand on roadside in underwear with a sign that says "Mullingar or Bust!" and I bet you'll get picked up pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

How did you get down to tralee in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

A few months, though we were living together for all but 2 weeks of that.. can't continue the relationship though as he's in college here and it's too much of a strain to be visiting back and forth, etc. So it was a mutual decision to end it.

Point is, it's peaceable so he'll put me up til I can figure out how to get home, but it's still awkward, you know? Rather not be in the situation, frankly!
    And he wont buy you a ticket because?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sell all non essential clothes (i.e. everything except underwear) for money to buy food to eat.

Then stand on roadside in underwear with a sign that says "Mullingar or Bust!" and I bet you'll get picked up pretty quickly.

hang on...sell all but underwear and have a sign that says "Mullingar for Bust" may have better results

Sounds like a pretty amicable break up. Can/will he not lend you the money?

Practice your Irish accent and pop into all the local political party offices. Tell them you're voting whichever way they want but tell them your polling station is in Mullingar and you're X amount short for the ticket. If you pull the same stunt enough times you should scrape together the money.

Or if this hasn't already been mentioned, prostitution.

how about, will drop pants for food, etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Kiera wrote: »

+1, ask the ex, pay him back some other time.

She'd get more money for the underwear tbh. And it's not like people will notice unless they're looking very closely.

hmm, a wild thought here... one last sex session with the ex and rob his wallet while he sleeps afterwards?

How did you get down to tralee in the first place?

He paid my ticket.

He's a college student and he already has paid enough to keep me for the last week and a half. It's not fair on him and he really can't afford it, transport is expensive in this country.

He paid my ticket.

He's a college student and he already has paid enough to keep me for the last week and a half. It's not fair on him and he really can't afford it, transport is expensive in this country.

surely it would be cheaper on his behalf to buy you a train ticked rather than feed you and so on for more days ?

• Advertisement

He paid my ticket.

What robbie said! Tell him if he doesnt get you a ticket home then you'll just have to stay forever and ever! Turn into Isla Fisher from Wedding crashers and he'll soon pay the ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Try to use your horse whispering skills on the Bus Eireann driver.

If he asks for your ticket simply stare at him and say "There aren't the droids you're looking for, move along".

if she looks like isla fisher then ill buy the ticket tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Contact MABS.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Seriously, get to a petrol station and hitch hike.
    And I'm sorry, I know this must be your most hated question, but what the hell are you doing in Mullingar if it's not for love or money?

What robbie said! Tell him if he doesnt get you a ticket home then you'll just have to stay forever and ever! Turn into Isla Fisher from Wedding crashers and he'll soon pay the ticket!

It's not that he won't pay the ticket; it's that I don't want to take it from him, he's already done enough for me over the last few months and I owe him a fúckload at this stage and I'd rather hitchhike back up than have to owe him another fifty quid.

Hitchhiking is probably the leading option tbh. At least it's infinitely more interesting than a train ride.. the risk of being kidnapped makes things so thrilling. :p
    Seriously, get to a petrol station and hitch hike.
    And I'm sorry, I know this must be your most hated question, but what the hell are you doing in Mullingar if it's not for love or money?

Long, long story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

steal a horse and ride it back to Mullingar, like "Into the West", only in reverse...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You don't want to try and sell deathsticks.
    You want to go home and re-think your life.

• Advertisement

It's not that he won't pay the ticket; it's that I don't want to take it from him, he's already done enough for me over the last few months and I owe him a fúckload at this stage and I'd rather hitchhike back up than have to owe him another fifty quid.

Hitchhiking is probably the leading option tbh. At least it's infinitely more interesting than a train ride.. the risk of being kidnapped makes things so thrilling. :p

Long, long story.

Well that’s a stupid idea. You cant hitchhike. Its too dangerous. Ask the bloody chap for the money. I take it you’re sitting in his house using his internet? If its over he prob just wants you out and not to be arsing around on the net. He’ll give it to you no problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement