Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BATE vs. Everton. KO 6pm (LIVE on Setanta & ESPN)

• 01-10-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Will be a tough game to say the least. With Rodwell and Pienaar added to the injury list I'd be happy to see the blues take a draw here. Either way I expect a decent game of football.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Rumour's circulating that Yobo is injured to add to Rodwell, Neville, Pienaar, Arteta, Jagielka, Anichebe & the ineligability of Neill and Heitinga. Saha is suspended.

10 first team players out injured. If the bookies are still open I'd recommend backing BATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Anyone having problems viewing this game? My sky box is now telling me program is not available.

Having similar issues. I still have setanta as a back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyone having problems viewing this game? My sky box is now telling me program is not available.

According to Headshot on the Europa League thread it's only on Setanta in Ireland, ESPN is blocked.

Why on earth would ESPN be blocked to those who've paid for it? Now i've to put up with Pat Dolan :( Feel for blues without Sellotanta

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Why on earth would ESPN be blocked to those who've paid for it?

Because ESPN do not have the rights to broadcast the game in this country, Setanta do. ESPN do not have the ability to broadcast an alternative into this country, so the broadcast is blocked.

For punters who have UPC, the ESPN feed is not blocked!

Because ESPN do not have the rights to broadcast the game in this country, Setanta do. ESPN do not have the ability to broadcast an alternative into this country, so the broadcast is blocked.

For punters who have UPC, the ESPN feed is not blocked!
    That's confusing like, why advertise it to Irish customers? I presumed we're being charged for it.

On topic though, COYB!!

Voltwad wrote: »
    That's confusing like, why advertise it to Irish customers? I presumed we're being charged for it.

You are being charged for your monthly subscription, not for individual games.

As for the advertising, that's because ESPN do not have an Irish channel (nor do they make an attempt to screen Irish advertising during their programme breaks) so what you're getting is a feed aimed at the UK market.

Hibbert at CB =/ Trouble ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bate one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what happened jo he looks in pretty bad shape?

We're now after losing 11 :( Jo went over on his own knee I think. Some goal from BATE, unstoppable shot. We're very weak down the right hand side, Yakubu is nowhere near match fit and we'd do well to scrape a draw here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

You are being charged for your monthly subscription, not for individual games.

As for the advertising, that's because ESPN do not have an Irish channel (nor do they make an attempt to screen Irish advertising during their programme breaks) so what you're getting is a feed aimed at the UK market.

Fairly sure this wont work, but could you tune ESPN UK into your other channels? I dont sub to ESPN so can't test it.

I sub to Sky Sports News (thieving sky make us get the News package!!), and on a Saturday they take the scores/feeds away during ads on Irish SSN, so I tuned SSN UK to other channels, and they keep the scores on. This works, long shot that it will work with ESPN too.

Anyway, if anyone fancies a punt its ???? on 12304 H, 27500 2/3 :confused: or 12344 H 29500 3/4 ???? Not very techy, could be talking out of my hole!

Or maybe SSN is free in UK and I am wasting 2 euro a month on the news pack????

everton score 1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

We didn't deserve that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this would be the ultimate grinding out of a result from Everton.

1-1 - Felliaini header from a free kick. ball came a long way; should have been defended better and no idea where the keeper was.

crazy turn around. Overdue luck though with all these injuries. This may be the result that will see us qualify at the end of the group. Just a hint of offside ;) 2-1 Cahill

This is why we don't play 442 normally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wow.

quality theft from everton here.

2nd grinded out result in a week.

• Advertisement

Everton master Bate?

mike65 wrote: »
    Everton master Bate?

tut tut tut for shame mike

stealing someone elses joke

Have you no morals, man

From where? C'mon its an obvious gag. :)

Advertisement