Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike hire for driving test???

• 01-10-2009 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, my driving test is in about 2 weeks time. My bike isn't up to scratch for the test, also, it's a vespa px125 with gear shift in the handle so I might be restricted to only driving automatics or similar vehicles if I test on my own bike.

So, do any of you know of any driving schools or bike hire places that will let me use their bike for the test?

Another thing, I'm only 5 foot 3 so I'm too short for most sports bikes and too puney for any big heavy cruser.

Help help help!!!

Thanks,

Julia

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Depends on where you are, and also what licence you have right now. If its an A1 you can only ride (and do your test) on a 125. An A allows you on a bigger, tho restricted, bike. If you do your test on a 125, regardless of the learner licence you have now, you will only get a full A1.

Phone some bike instructors in your area, they will be the ones who know where you can hire a bike for your test.

Advertisement