Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins in Bettystown?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I'm moving to Bettystown this week and I was wondering if anyone knows what way the bins are collected or if it's private firms etc? I'm currently in Balbriggan and use Panda but have no clue what the situ is in Bettystown?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I use panda, they come every monday for black bin and every fortnight for green bin, I pay by direct debit it is €23.50 per month,

There are two or three other companies, Oxygen and Midlands waste are other names.

Good luck with the move hope you settle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

cheers - Google wasn't me friend until I started using the correct terminology and came up with this link

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/DomesticBinCollection/

Which lists them all, I went with Midland waste as they do the smaller black bin, cheaper for the year and the size suits.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Foreigner2006

just want to leave a quick comment on that topic

I am just switching from Oxigen to Panda. Oxigen was a bad joke. From the start they did not collect regularly. We are not living in a remote location but in the middle of Bettystown (ok you could still call that remote). But is not as if they have to drive an extra 3 miles to get to our bins.

A friend living in town is using tagabin and they also collect regularly.

The trigger for leaving Oxigen was non collection for 4 weeks. When I called them they said it was because of an outstanding invoice. No letter. No call nothing. They had a mobile number in store for me and statement was they were trying to call me. That number however was neither my wife or mine.

My suspicion here is that Oxigen has confused it in their data with another customer. I did not write it down otherwise would do a test call if it is another Oxigen customer.

The Oxigen customer service was in line with the overall experience. She was telling me at which dates they had collected the bin. The "funny" thing about it that was in the max every two to three weeks. Her closing statement was that I cant leave just like that but also have to pay for a 4 weeks notice.

So if my expectation is met they will want to invoice me for the current 4 weeks where they did not collect or notify. And then they want another 23 Euro for the 4 weeks notice. I feel that is quite hilarious.

The meanwhile very full bin is standing beside the street for a month now but hey it is quite obvious that Oxigen is really caring for a cleaner and better environment.

thx Oxigen - that was topping all my other experiences as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

So your giving out because a company refused to collect your bin ....when you had an outstanding invoice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Foreigner2006

? they also did not collect the bins regularly before that. It just does not give the impression they are set up to service the area regularly.

When I was calling about that issue at the start of the year after 2 weeks without collection they suggested: "Then just put some additional stuff next to the bin for the next collection...

@Vego Yes. Even with an outstanding invoice I would expect them to collect the bin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement