Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best priced Firelogs in Galway

Options
  • 01-10-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I remember last year spar were doing an offer of €1 for a firelog. I bought loads of them to stock up. Anyone know of any current offers on them or where the cheapest place to get them is.

Thanks

Rylan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

May not be any good, but Super Valu (Nestors)? were doing them last weekend for €1 a go.

Fr. Griffin Road, Oranmore and Ballybane were doing them, but having checked on Saturday afternoon, all were sold.

On another note (rant) the have a "only 2 per customer" sign written where they were:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

there is a gadget around that will turn newspapers into good firelogs, prob a bit of hard work though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Mum showed me this a couple of years back, f*ckin' brilliant!!

-Get all the sh1te from the bottom of the coal bunker or bag and sweep the crap from the brickets too, etc. (touch of shreaded newspaper never hurts.)
    -Get one fire lighter, crumble it up into dust / wee lumps.
    -Get a litre milk carton, dry it out.
    -Mix the coal/brick/peat/firelighter/paper into where the milk came out of the carton.
    -Put it in the fridge on the way to work/or at lunch if you go home.
    -Take it out when home that evening.
    -Let it go to room temp. for half-hour/hour.
    -Pop it in the fire!

UNREAL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sounds like a great idea....... but why put it in the fridge?
    Surely you run the risk of someone pouring the sh1te from the bottom of the coal bunker and crumbled firelighters into their cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I have one of those logmakers too..great in concept. A *biteen* harder work than you'd think to soak the paper (makes better logs), make them (a bit messy) and have somewhere to dry them out (takes a while, you need a dry place or sun (ha ha).

They look very arty too, if you can't burn them, have an exhibition!:p

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea....... but why put it in the fridge?
    Surely you run the risk of someone pouring the sh1te from the bottom of the coal bunker and crumbled firelighters into their cup of tea.

There is always that risk! haha! (it has happened with a bowel of Coco Pops last year with a new house mate!)

The fridge scenario help its slightly harden (a bit like a soft lump of (cough) h*sh), but with little moisture(sic) which you would get if you put it in the freezer!

ha:pac::o Still giggling remembering the Coco Pops incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There is always that risk! haha! (it has happened with a bowel of Coco Pops last year with a new house mate!)

ha:pac::o Still giggling remembering the Coco Pops incident.

My favourite dark and twisted typo of the day!

z7shysterical.gif

inisboffin wrote: »
    My favourite dark and twisted typo of the day!

z7shysterical.gif

Oh my! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Mum showed me this a couple of years back, f*ckin' brilliant!!

-Get all the sh1te from the bottom of the coal bunker or bag and sweep the crap from the brickets too, etc. (touch of shreaded newspaper never hurts.)
    -Get one fire lighter, crumble it up into dust / wee lumps.
    -Get a litre milk carton, dry it out.
    -Mix the coal/brick/peat/firelighter/paper into where the milk came out of the carton.
    -Take it out when home that evening.
    -Let it go to room temp. for half-hour/hour.
    -Pop it in the fire!

UNREAL!!!

Good going.

I prefer the age old - open the cupboard, grab firelog, pop in fire, light, add coal. Can't be doing with the hassle.:)

Advertisement