Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Create a query based Distribution list in AD for users of each Storage Group?

• 01-10-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there's a way to do this using LDAP, but I have zero experience with it and can't find any other way to do it.

basically, we need to be able to send a mail to everyone with a mailbox on a particular server using a query based distribution list (easy enough), but have been asked to split it so that we can mail all users of just one storage group on each server and I can't figure out how to do it without creating a heap of work for myself.

as far as I can see, without using LDAP all I can do is create a query to mail either every mailbox on the server or every mailbox in a specific MDB within an SG, not for the whole SG.

does anyone know if there is there any (relatively easy) way to do what I need to do without diving head first into LDAP and possibly risking my head imploding?

thx. :)

Advertisement