Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyers

Options
  • 01-10-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Hi all going through the mortgage process with my wife to purchase our first home. We were hoping to avail of first time buyers mortgage interest relief.

The bank have informed us that because I inheritied another property that neither of us qualify for the scheme.

Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

the bank are 100% correct

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi all going through the mortgage process with my wife to purchase our first home. We were hoping to avail of first time buyers mortgage interest relief.

The bank have informed us that because I inheritied another property that neither of us qualify for the scheme.

Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Yes- entirely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Thanks for the info guys

Advertisement