Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st.john of god

Options
  • 01-10-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

a man called 2day asking me to sign a standing order for st. john of god fundraising for their services,was wondering was this legit?,he had identity card and all the leaflets,i know they do good work with the handicapped and mental patients so wouldnt mind supporting them!!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You can download the relevant paperwork from their website if you prefer and it would probably be a better option if you feel yer man is dodgy.

For 3 years I had a standing order to them. I revoked it however after the Ryan report as I was concerned that my funds would be used to fund compensation. I did write a letter informing them but didn't receive any reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

thanks parsi!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I signed up to them a couple of years back, I called to ensure that he was a representative to make sure before signing. They told me they would take a direct debit for 5 months and 5 months only. They were the only charity I set up a direct debit too that stood by their word, I had two others taking money for over a year after signing, one being 6mths and one 10 mths I think. I had to call the bank and cancel the debits. St. John is a good charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

thanks smelltheglove

• Registered Users Posts: 12 denismulcahy

Here are the photos of the St John of God fundraising staff.

http://www.sjog.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=76

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement