Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butterfly Garden

Options
  • 01-10-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hope ye might be able to help me out.
    I am planning on planting a memorial garden for my son and want to fill it with plants and flowers that will attract as may butterflies as possible. I already have a Magnolia tree to plant in it and would like to try and keep some colour in it year round. I am not really restricted in the size of the garden so I should be able to include plenty of plants.:)
    Rgds

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's a wonderful idea, and something that will give so much pleasure. There's a good list of plants here http://www.englishplants.co.uk/bflies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Thanks for that, am going to hopefully start planting in the next couple of weeks and grow it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

Theres actually a shrub called the butterfly bush. Pretty and it does attract loads of butterflies. I've seen it in all the garden centres in my area so I presume its an easy one to pick up.

Advertisement