Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ababkebabra, Nice when your sober?

• 01-10-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Seriously controversial topic.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've had it a few times while sober, it's perfectly edible.

However.. nothing beats a kebab and chesey chips at 4am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

I've had it a few times while sober, it's perfectly edible.

However.. nothing beats a kebab and chesey chips at 4am :)

I think the real chefs are only brought out at 3am.

Its just the trainees during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

It's not even nice when you're pissed, Zaytoons ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

It can be unsettling after drinking, I would prefer it sober

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Ricks Burgers FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's all right like.

I have it most wednesdays when it's €5 for the meal deal. then it's definitely worth it!!!

Mr.David wrote: »
    Ricks Burgers FFS!

Way to hard to stagger there from coppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they are good if you like parking tigers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Got a taco dog in their a year and a half ago and it was basicelly soup in a roll...if food was free in their forever I've still never step inside any branch

Definitely the worst fast food chain in Ireland. Suppose when your drunk you probably don't realise your eating gone off dog food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Charlies FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Taco chips are the business, but Zaytoon is still a higher quality establishment at any time of the day/night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I dunno, depends on the location. Any Dublin Abrakebabra is putting your life in jeopardy in my opinion, without the large amount of alcohol in your system what will kill the food poisonous germs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

K.C's Douglas...... Only place in Ireland for chipper food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

For some god damn reason, Abra is manky in all dublin branches!! Its savage in Limerick drunk or sober! best place ever after a night out has to be hillbillys in cork - serious tack! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I ****ing miss kebab :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

harcourt diner after coppers.nyom nyom nyom.abra is lovely if im down round westmoreland st though and ****faced.wouldnt touch it sober durin the day.nicer places are still open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've had the taco fries a few times when out and also sober. Tastes about the same but I'm wolfing it down when drunk :D
    Btw, La Salsa or Charcoal Grill any day over ABK

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

La salsa or Kettle of fish beats supermacs any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Charlies after a nite out in dublin is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

oh yes!! nummy yummy! :D cheesy taco fries and kebab, or curry fries and 1/4 pounder! :pac::):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i have had abrakebabra numerous times sober and yes even in dublin (usually the one on either dame street or o'connell st), its been grand each time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Way to hard to stagger there from coppers.

It's well worth the journey though. Rick's do the nicest burger I've ever eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

No!! And I have given it quite a few chances to redeem itself and prove me wrong. Failed every time.

But when drunk? It's ruddy glorious. So. much. sauce.

Mmmmm

nummnutts wrote: »
    It's well worth the journey though. Rick's do the nicest burger I've ever eaten.

ok ill try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Abrakebabra is pure **** when you are sober. It does have a special allure when drunk though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

I have to admit just seeing this thread I've got the biggest craving for some curry cheese chips :) The are so disgustingly yummy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Trí wrote: »
    No!! And I have given it quite a few chances to redeem itself and prove me wrong. Failed every time.

But when drunk? It's ruddy glorious. So. much. sauce.

Mmmmm
    And the stuff they put on their food is nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Ya can really only stomach it when im drunk, and for some reason i cant eat a kebab sober, it flops open and falls all over the place, yet, while i have taken leave off all my senses with drink, somehow the only thing i can do is pick up a kebab and eat it without a bit of sauce falling out and without putting it down.

A skill i tell ya!

Oh ya and try, bacon chip with taco sauce.. mmm

And the stuff they put on their food is nice too.

Its the sweat from the Roma Gypsies selling roses outside.

I wont tell you what the special ingredient is though.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Its the sweat from the Roma Gypsies selling roses outside.

I wont tell you what the special ingredient is though.;)

Its squeezed out of somewhere i'm sure, but where that is, i hopefully will never find out.

Its squeezed out of somewhere i'm sure, but where that is, i hopefully will never find out.

Lets just say ya dont want to be around when it goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Italian man to female Dubliner: In my country, you would be considered a princess...
    Dubliner to Italian man: Yeah, well in moy country ye'd be woorkin' in a chipper.

One is nice, the other is really off-putting. So is it with Abrakebabra when compared with the kebabs you'd get in a chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Abrakebabra is filth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I don't like their burgers at all,but love their taco kebabs or taco chips.
    Haven't found any imitation of their taco sauce,anywhere as nice as theirs.

When drunk,used to get their chip butties with garlic mayo,bacon and cheese.
    Very messy! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the one in dun laoghaire serves rubber food. it literally bounces off your stomach and comes back up, usually onto the back of a taxi drivers head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Abigayle wrote: »
    Abrakebabra is filth.

Is that a +1 then? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

markok84 wrote: »
    K.C's Douglas...... Only place in Ireland for chipper food.

Lennox's is better for chips but the king creole is the best thing in the whole world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

depends which abrakebrabas you go to, there are no great ones, theres good ones, and some seriously bad ones

or you could just go to a place that sells real kebabs and not from a place that grills bits of kebab meat from a freezer

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Abrakebabra is the only fast food place thats always seems empty during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Man, I miss the culinary magic at Iskanders! Before or after the apple juice it was a vital part of a night in the dirty ol town. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone ever tried the Charlies Chinese on westmoreland street?Pritty much opposite Abrakebabra.Savage stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Abigayle wrote: »
    Abrakebabra is filth.

The good type of filth?

Abrakebabra (except Galway!) food is nice sober - taco chips and chicken baguette ftw.

Does anyone know what animal that big giant hunk of meant being roasted on the Kabab spit is from?

Is it Kebabonky?

The good type of filth?

Abrakebabra (except Galway!) food is nice sober - taco chips and chicken baguette ftw.

The chicken baguette is the biggest culinary disaster to hit Ireland in the past ten years other than the chicken tikka roll and the demonisation of lard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

A lot of people here have mentioned Taco/Mexican/Chilli fries. If you're a fan of this dish get them from Porta Via in Rathmines. Seriously. Do it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Abrakebabra and fat ugly munters go hand in hand.

3am of a Sunday, after you've had 11 pints and 6 jagerbombs, is about the only time you'd consider going near either. :pac:

Does anyone know what animal that big giant hunk of meant being roasted on the Kabab spit is from?

Is it Kebabonky?

It's a fish. You know the one. Like a salmon. The other salmon. Or as our irish speaking friends would say, salmon eile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

5starpool wrote: »
    Taco chips are the business, but Zaytoon is still a higher quality establishment at any time of the day/night.

I found a hair in my kebab in Zaytoon would never go back it was sick, big long black hair off one of them hairy goons behind the counter

Fizman wrote: »
    Abrakebabra and fat ugly munters go hand in hand.

3am of a Sunday, after you've had 11 pints and 6 jagerbombs, is about the only time you'd consider going near either. :pac:

Sounds like a great night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cronin_j wrote: »
    Ya can really only stomach it when im drunk, and for some reason i cant eat a kebab sober, it flops open and falls all over the place, yet, while i have taken leave off all my senses with drink, somehow the only thing i can do is pick up a kebab and eat it without a bit of sauce falling out and without putting it down.
    You probably think you are eating like Lady Etiqutte, but if you saw the CCTV footage you are probably head down eating it straight off the puke covered table so nothing gets out.
    Venom wrote: »
    Abrakebabra is the only fast food place thats always seems empty during the day.
    Yes, it is relatively expensive but they can have some good deals, dun laoghaire had a chicken schwarma & drink for €3.50 up to a certain time, it has since gone up to 4.50 though
    I found a hair in my kebab in Zaytoon would never go back it was sick, big long black hair off one of them hairy goons behind the counter
    Kebabs should all be shaven or waxed bare. At least it was a long hair!

• Advertisement
Advertisement