Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ababkebabra, Nice when your sober?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Does anyone know what animal that big giant hunk of meant being roasted on the Kabab spit is from?
    Yup.

http://barkrescue.net/dog%20br1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 happybrains

boys and girls, the establishments listed in this post are all equally ****e. Sober or otherwise. At a push, abrakababra is browner than the others. horrible food, made by people who don't want to be there...wheres the love?? there is no love in 4am chippers/kebabers/eddie rockets. It's full of hate. who can honestly say they eat a meal from one of these reptile houses and FEEL GOOD afterwards???

Why can't you all wait till you get home and make a little sambo for yourselves??? coz your lazy. thats why. LLAAZZZZZZZYYYYYY people are typically fat also, well all the lazy people i know anyway. Nothing worse than looking at a slugish, overweight, 4am chipper eating tard plopping about with curry all over his/her face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

boys and girls, the establishments listed in this post are all equally ****e. Sober or otherwise. At a push, abrakababra is browner than the others. horrible food, made by people who don't want to be there...wheres the love?? there is no love in 4am chippers/kebabers/eddie rockets. It's full of hate. who can honestly say they eat a meal from one of these reptile houses and FEEL GOOD afterwards???

Why can't you all wait till you get home and make a little sambo for yourselves??? coz your lazy. thats why. LLAAZZZZZZZYYYYYY people are typically fat also, well all the lazy people i know anyway. Nothing worse than looking at a slugish, overweight, 4am chipper eating tard plopping about with curry all over his/her face.
    So is your face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

It's a big bug bear of mine.
    Abrakebabra sells shredded car tyres with cabbage and ketchup inna bun.
    It's the most vile thing ever!
    First:
    The meat is supposed to be slices of lamb on a skewer. Not a block of unidentifiable "meat"
    Second:
    There's not supposed to be cabbage in it.
    Third:
    Most definitely the "special sauce" (methinks ketchup and mayo mixed together) is wrong.
    It should be a garlic yoghurt sauce and chilli flakes.
    Also, you only go to Abrakebabra at 4am to get stabbed and poisoned.

Try Iskanders on Dame Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

I've never eaten there, I've been there before, just never ate anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh my gaid Sneachta, loike, I hope this garlic sauce is free-trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 happybrains

So is your face

ooh touchy. hit a nerve did i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I wouldn't eat Abrakebabra food if I was starving and it was the only food left in the world.
    It's vile.
    Pretty much on par with Supermacs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

My local Chinese does the best Doner Kebab I've ever tasted (Manor Road, Palmerstown)

With the exception of one of them every Friday, I'm fast-food free in so far as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont think any takeaway food is as nice as it is after few drinks.

I know when i go home to local town i end up in chippers after night out and get garlic chip and cheese and its best thing ever

But remember getting same one warm day day and could not eat half it i felt so sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Is that a +1 then? :p

Ah no, I think I'm doin' alright in that department Ted :pac:

I had burger king a few months ago, never again. It just sits in you, and I don't mean to be crude.. but the after effects make you realize you're assaulting your body with that stuff.

The closer the food is to its natural state, the better it is for you.

/Swot

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

OK,
    Iskander's on Dame Street in Dublin
    Turkuaz Kebab at the old Milk Market in Limerick
    http://www.valskitchen.com/vals_kitchen/2008/04/turkuaz-kebab-.html
    and some shop in Galway, it's name escapes me, any help?

If you want to know what a real Kebab is supposed to taste like, go to these places!
    Abrekababra is muck!
    Supermacs holds the crowning achievement and glory of Irish Cuisine: The Snackbox.
    Sorry, but that is as far as genuine Irish eating tradition goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Greyfox wrote: »
    Got a taco dog

that is f*cking disgusting. no wonder it taste ****e....

why didnt you order something edible??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It's a big bug bear of mine.
    Abrakebabra sells shredded car tyres with cabbage and ketchup inna bun.
    It's the most vile thing ever!
    First:
    The meat is supposed to be slices of lamb on a skewer. Not a block of unidentifiable "meat"
    Second:
    There's not supposed to be cabbage in it.
    Third:
    Most definitely the "special sauce" (methinks ketchup and mayo mixed together) is wrong.
    It should be a garlic yoghurt sauce and chilli flakes.
    Also, you only go to Abrakebabra at 4am to get stabbed and poisoned.

Try Iskanders on Dame Street!

or 'best' on Castle Street Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

I wouldn't eat Abrakebabra food if I was starving and it was the only food left in the world.
    It's vile.
    Pretty much on par with Supermacs!

Insult Supermacs!

How dare you!

• Advertisement

Insult Supermacs!

How dare you!

It's an insult to food.

I have a DISGUSTING story about there actually... do you want to hear it?

It's an insult to food.

I have a DISGUSTING story about there actually... do you want to hear it?

Yes, you cant shatter my undying love for that place.

Yes, you cant shatter my undying love for that place.

This story will ;)

A guy I know was in a Supermacs one day, a few years ago.

He needed to go to the bathroom, so he went in search of the men's. There were no signs on any of the doors and by accident, he stumbled into the kitchen.

He saw a worker rooting through a bin, picking out chips and putting them back into the deep-fat fryer.

:eek:

This story will ;)

A guy I know was in a Supermacs one day, a few years ago.

He needed to go to the bathroom, so he went in search of the men's. There were no signs on any of the doors and by accident, he stumbled into the kitchen.

He saw a worker rooting through a bin, picking out chips and putting them back into the deep-fat fryer.

:eek:

nothing wrong with a bit of flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The chicken baguette can be really nice, depending on the location. Abra's in Fairview is mank for example, even by Abra's standards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

OK,
    Iskander's on Dame Street in Dublin
    Turkuaz Kebab at the old Milk Market in Limerick
    http://www.valskitchen.com/vals_kitchen/2008/04/turkuaz-kebab-.html
    and some shop in Galway, it's name escapes me, any help?

If you want to know what a real Kebab is supposed to taste like, go to these places!
    Abrekababra is muck!
    Supermacs holds the crowning achievement and glory of Irish Cuisine: The Snackbox.
    Sorry, but that is as far as genuine Irish eating tradition goes.

Yep. Definitely Iskander's FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So after reading this thread and obsessing over kebab I googled the hell out of it. the closest thing I found in 20 miles of me was a Greek Gyro. It just wasnt the same :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Abrakebabra rocks at any time day or night - taco chips!

A spicy but nice from Rasher Byrnes after a night out is the only thing I miss about living in Dublin :( That's the greatest drunken hussy food there is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Is anyone else familiar with Hot Chilli on Kevin street Dublin? the best taco chips in Dublin(when you've a few drinks taken) perfect for soaking up the drink after a night in Whelans The Village etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Is anyone else familiar with Hot Chilli on Kevin street Dublin? the best taco chips in Dublin(when you've a few drinks taken) perfect for soaking up the drink after a night in Whelans The Village etc.

I cant imagine that tastin as nice on the way back up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I cant imagine that tastin as nice on the way back up....

I reckon the same applies for most of the food eaten after a night on the sauce, it's just the chance you take :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I went to my local fast food establishment this evening and purchased a snack box.
    While carefully removing the largest piece of chicken something in the bottom of the box catches my eye.
    I take out a few chips and i see the word ABRAKEBABRA written on the paper that you find in the bottom of a snack box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

murfie wrote: »
    I dunno, depends on the location. Any Dublin Abrakebabra is putting your life in jeopardy in my opinion, without the large amount of alcohol in your system what will kill the food poisonous germs!!

You just have to hope that the guy stabbing you has also stabbed some of the germs in the process.
    Overheal wrote:
    the closest thing I found in 20 miles of me was a Greek Gyro.

Also very nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Taco fries the only thing I would eat out of that place, drunk or sober. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    So after reading this thread and obsessing over kebab I googled the hell out of it. the closest thing I found in 20 miles of me was a Greek Gyro. It just wasnt the same :(
    Damnit I just realised: Arby's recently launched a Beef Gyro. I need to investigate this. Even though typically the mere thought of an Arby's roast beef sandwhich makes my stomach churn; I did have a really nice chicken sambo from there earlier in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nothing beats a chip butty with cheese and ketchup from Stabra. Grab one of those then nip across to Charlie's for curry chips and rice. Magic.

Anyone pay it a visit this morning?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Kiera wrote: »
    Charlies FTW!

1, 2 or 3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

its nice on wednesdays! except any money you save on special price i tend to lose on the fruit machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

ah its great at gigs when youre absolutely starving

Advertisement