Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few from Syria

• 01-10-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

As some you may know , I was in Syria recently. Great trip. I'm crap at processing so they're very slowly making there way on to the blog at the moment.

Evening Hookah

20090929034924_nargilla-smoker.jpg

Dance Lessons

20090929225723_learning-to-dance.jpg

Eid

20090929002005_eid1.jpg

There'll be some more when I get around to the bloody processing :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Love the feel of the first one. Using the silhouette like that makes for a very simple, but effective, composition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Like Cabansail , love the first one - wonderfull
    b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Thanks,

Strange it would be far from my favorite btw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love the 1st one lots, # two is daycent too, would love to go to a country like Syria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

1st shot is very nice.

A bit concerned at the merc driving down the middle of the road in the third :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

cnocbui wrote: »
    1st shot is very nice.

A bit concerned at the merc driving down the middle of the road in the third :eek:

Its a skoda octavia i think

landyman wrote: »
    Its a skoda octavia i think

Exactly .. and why concerned if it was a merc???

Love the 1st one lots, # two is daycent too, would love to go to a country like Syria.

Why not then ???

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

First two are great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Covey wrote: »
    Why not then ???
    On my income I only travel when I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, there would have to be a Punk gig on there and somehow I don't think there is a Punk scene over there yet.
    Cuba is my 1st choice of country if I ever had time/money to get away. :)
    1st photo I looked at on your blog again and it is far better with the dark background again.....and viewed large too.

• Advertisement

I would imagine there is a punk scene there. I can find out if you want?

AR - I can confirm there is indeed a vibrant punk rock scene in Syria, including these guys http://www.last.fm/music/Mazhott

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Just goes to show that Bad Taste is universal ;)

Syria is OK for Punk but are they prepared for AR?

Now that is a good question. :D:D

Advertisement