Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjusting Leather Sofa

Options
  • 01-10-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hiya,

Just brain storming here....

Does anyone know of anyone who has succcessfully managed to make there 2 seater couch into an armchair?

I really think this is something that is very do-able, but other people are more dubious.

I think between myself and my partner we could do it. Him the woodwork and me the upholstery. (We are good at this type of thing)All that needs to be done is the removal of one of the sitting areas on the seat and the the remainder bolted together, and then unholstery adjusted and tacked tight, i think.

I know it may involve working with the springs and having replacements to hand, but can anyone give me any more advice or more detailed breakdown of doing this?

Its something we are thinking about as the current suite (3-2) is to and our budget is too small :-)

Thanks,

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i reckon if you turn the couch upside down . take the lingin off the underneath. and study the construction of the couch itself. it might be just a case of removing the arm and shortening the cross meber that goes between the 2 arms.

the choosing a correct seem to rejoin the shortened upholstery

Advertisement