Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving bank

Options
  • 01-10-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

My bank,who I've been with for over 20 years,has decided to cancel my measly 500 quid over draft. I say measly but it was handy when bills came together or I was short a few bob, given that it wasn't even over drawn,it's really pissed me off. In a fit of anger I told them to stick the OD and I'd bring my biz elsewhere. I have accounts in other banks,anyone know if moving direct debits,including mortgage and car,is do able, or is there restrictions of any sort? I know it's a hassle,and will probably take a while to set up,but I'm determined to move. I won't bother with a typical bank rant,although I'd love one tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

In theory, the bank you are moving to transfer all your direct debits etc over for you. They notify your creditors. They may mess up one or two or even all, but it can work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Thanks for that RangeR.
    Sorry or posting in the wrong section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Excellent,thank you homer911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've generally not had much troubles in my bank switching in the past.

Everyone's mileage may vary though.

Advertisement