Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer clubs in portarlington

• 01-10-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Is there any i'm from england and would love to get involved with one but don't know many people around to ask?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

first of all your a spurs man like meself, great start to the season heres hopein we keep it goin, theres arlington fc out the lea rd thats heading towards monastrevin, theres also rathmore fc they play out in cloneygowan, and theres also cloneygowan fc who also play in cloneygowan 2 different pitches though, there the only 3 around i can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Nice one whats the story with joining one,can anyone try out for them?

ports best wrote: »
    first of all your a spurs man like meself, great start to the season heres hopein we keep it goin, theres arlington fc out the lea rd thats heading towards monastrevin, theres also rathmore fc they play out in cloneygowan, and theres also cloneygowan fc who also play in cloneygowan 2 different pitches though, there the only 3 around i can think of
    Hopefully we keep it up this weekend against bolton,Do you ever get to a game?

i havent been to 1 in a few years but meself and a friend of mine are planin to go to the last home game its against bolton i think. yeah i think anyone can join the clubs i can find out if you want about when trainings on for the clubs and shur take it from there, i dont play myself but i would be happy to help you out

i havent been to 1 in a few years but meself and a friend of mine are planin to go to the last home game its against bolton i think. yeah i think anyone can join the clubs i can find out if you want about when trainings on for the clubs and shur take it from there, i dont play myself but i would be happy to help you out
    Yeah thanks if you can that would be great,I'm a member with spurs so if you ever want tickets let me know i can get 2 max.where in port are you?

• Advertisement

im livein in st.brigids sq its one of the older estates in town, wot about yourself,

Crann nua,on the edenderry road.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Anyone know do they still have indoor soccer sessions up in Killenard still and if so anyone looking for a 37 year old free transfer:D to join their group or maybe enough people on here to set up our own session?

ah crann nua one of me friends live up there, its one of the nicer estates in port, i found out rathmore fc train on friday nights in portlaoise on the astro turf over there, my womans 2 brothers play for them, duno about arlington didnt find out yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

PatB71 wrote: »
    Anyone know do they still have indoor soccer sessions up in Killenard still and if so anyone looking for a 37 year old free transfer:D to join their group or maybe enough people on here to set up our own session?

They play indoor soccer in the community centre beside the leisure centre in town... All are welcome as far as I know!

• Advertisement

ah crann nua one of me friends live up there, its one of the nicer estates in port, i found out rathmore fc train on friday nights in portlaoise on the astro turf over there, my womans 2 brothers play for them, duno about arlington didnt find out yet
    Nice one thanks wonder if there looking for any players and if so who to get in touch with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

we could always try and get 10 of us together to play in the leisure centre ???

we could always try and get 10 of us together to play in the leisure centre ???
    Or Better still start a team and join a league

if the time suits i;m there....

Sounds good to me if we can get the numbers.

yeah id be on too, thats 4 so far, any other takers

where and when are the leagues ???

Come on, we only need one more to get a team...................

Oh and so far half the team are from St Brigids Sq !!

I'll be up for a game if someone wants to organise it.

me and who else is from brigids square

me and who else is from brigids square

i wonder.............;)

So we have 5 now.

Any one have any ideas now about a league or somewhere to play ?

Oh and a night that suits as well.

I'm not home until after 6 any evening it would have to be at least 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭stan1979

http://www.leisureleagues.ie/Ireland/All-Areas.aspx

i played in the league based in lexlip, well ran,
    count me in in a few weeks time only coming back from injury

i thought there was one based in port laoise but it doesnt seem to be on the list

Leixlip is a little far......

Mullingar seems the closest !

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭stan1979

Leixlip is a little far......

didnt mean to play in lexlip :D
    its where i played and the the company that runs these leagues do a good job. each team is givin there own jerseys and the website gets updated every week

might we be better trying to get 8 or 10 and play in the community centre or fields in portlaoise ????

might we be better trying to get 8 or 10 and play in the community centre or fields in portlaoise ????
    Yeah I think we should push for this as I might know a couple of guys who`d join as well ,just have to confirm tonight if interested..

Sounds good to me.

I know a few people in the sports dept in the council and i'll see what the story is with getting a time on the pitch in there ?

Stretching the legs already

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

Hi,Im 36 and living in Kilnacourt woods.would love a game of soccer locally.Im playing 5 a side in Dublin on Monday and Wednesday but would definitely play any other night.

Thursdays only night i can't

• Advertisement

Astro pitch in portlaoise is 100 for the hour,get enough lads and it won't be alot between us

Advertisement