Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo tells investigators "No dice"

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I`m in no way a property expert but I have a strong dislike for the manner in which ALL current Government fiscal policy,particularly NAMA,appears focused on "getting the market going again".
    I don't think a single one of them even sees how insane this policy is. All they see is the record tax returns of the last few years of the boom, so if they get the boom restarted they can pay off the unions and its back to business as usual.

You really couldn't make this stuff up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

heyjude wrote: »
    Turning the clock back about a decade and the allegations of payments to politicians, some wanted to send in the gardai at the time to investigate, but No, the government decided to set up the Tribunals instead, ten years went by, hundreds of millions were spent(much of it as a result of obstruction by various parties to the tribunals' workings)and how many politicians were jailed so far ? Exactly....., the past history of taking the slow methodical approach, doesn't inspire any confidence, but would suggest that 5 or 10 years from now, not a single senior banker, borrower or property developer will have been found guilty or spent a day in jail, or possibly have faced any charges.

Agree the Tribunals were a national disgrace earning OBSCENE amounts for the various Legal eagles and Barristers.

A complete and utter disgrace.

I think the public mood is different now..far less tolerance and a growing realisation of how many of them were "at it" or in the case of the various watchdogs were not "at it".

Agree past history does not inspire confidence but on this occasion some heads have already rolled and I believe some of these dudes will spend some time in the chokey.

It is up to all of now to prepare questions for the fooktards who will come to our door prior to the next General election.

ALL parties will have to answer for their actions / inactions and we should flay them at every opportunity.

As I have said before and make no apology for repeating - the media have a huge role to play in all this..there are encouraging signs that some are stepping up to the plate.

keep the heat on ...has the mayo man ponied up the million squids yet.?

Is greystones man still living in his mansion and driving around in the shiny black ?

Has naas / nasa man kept the Audi 6 - did he pay BIK on the gift.?

Will Johnny and Kate Ann continue their lavish lifestyles while thousands are on the dole and the breadline ?

Did that dozy cnunt in finance who signed off on that ludicrous package for naas man also negotiate Central bank mans package ?

We need the media at this time believe me...contrast the handling of RTE to these issues with that of the foreign based media.

Enough !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well said Fulton, even if a tad inflammatory.

I feel your anger however, and suggest that you have been affected by this abuse of power .

Look, these people have been riding high on the hog for a decade. At last they are under the spotlight of an angry electorate who, yes, rode the wave themselves over the past ten years and shame on them too.

However the chickens seem to be flutterin' home to roost, maybe the bantams;) and they are firmly in a pucker that even the slippiest mealy mouthed fooker might find it difficult to escape from.

You are dead right when you say the time has come for those with the public interest at heart to drop stones and take the only action which is right.

You all know what that is.:mad:

Advertisement