Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 coverage

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if 3 have any new masts in operation in Donegal? They promised the whole county would be covered before November.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

which part do you want to know about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

just wondered are they hard at work, will they meet the deadline?
    anyone receiving from a new mast and what is the service like?

looks about 50/50 at the moment coverage wise, east, north east and south east of donegal town is where most of the new nbs areas will be...

most of the areas in dark blue are nbs and the white area around the bluestack..

20091001-g6hdwyynu1h1da865cgr8b7cas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Dont know if i heard this right, but i think 3 wont be covering all areas in Donegal in the NBS, Northwest Electronics will be covering some.

Senna wrote: »
    Dont know if i heard this right, but i think 3 wont be covering all areas in Donegal in the NBS, Northwest Electronics will be covering some.

They are a complete joke. I can see their mast and have been on their waiting list over a year. Every time I ring they say they are waiting on parts from I srael.

• Advertisement

someone said there is activity in the Trentagh/Churchill area at last.building a road up a mountain I hear.

the NBS/ 3 mast at Trentagh is up a few days. don't know if it's in operating order yet though. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

I've learned through experience to ignore promises around broadband coverage and rollout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Glenswilly/Churchill/Trentagh have received a "go live" date. Next week I believe.

"a government guaranteed service", said one 3 representative! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Guys I recently bought 3 mobile broad band, as the map shows the area I work in is covered by 3g under the NBS however the cover in the area is actually zero, wasn't impressed so returned it and using 02 its only edge but better than none at all. NBS seems to be National Bull ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

New mast going up in Glenalla near Ramelton but not sure when operational. What is service like for those who have coverage?

Bligh wrote: »
    Guys I recently bought 3 mobile broad band, as the map shows the area I work in is covered by 3g under the NBS however the cover in the area is actually zero, wasn't impressed so returned it and using 02 its only edge but better than none at all. NBS seems to be National Bull ****e

You don't return a NBS connection, an engineer usually comes within the first 2 weeks a fits and device called a repeater, if that fails which it sounds like it will in your area a second engineer comes and fits satellite broadband for you, the whole process can take over 4 weeks before your fully up and running.
    You should get it again but give them a chance to get you up and running with broadband (probably satellite). It will be better than o2 edge.
    If you go into your nearest 3 stockist they shoud be able to explain the process properly to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

You don't return a NBS connection, an engineer usually comes within the first 2 weeks a fits and device called a repeater, if that fails which it sounds like it will in your area a second engineer comes and fits satellite broadband for you, the whole process can take over 4 weeks before your fully up and running.
    You should get it again but give them a chance to get you up and running with broadband (probably satellite). It will be better than o2 edge.
    If you go into your nearest 3 stockist they shoud be able to explain the process properly to you.
    Is there a fixed price, for 3G or satellite, or does the customer pay more if they have to go with satellite?

eman66 wrote: »
    Is there a fixed price, for 3G or satellite, or does the customer pay more if they have to go with satellite?

All that you pay is the €49 for the modem when you purchace it and 19.99 per month after that, there are no extra or hidden charges, if you are without service while waiting for the repeater or satellite they will refund you for the time without service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lklklk89

3s clean shoite
    the modem speeds just not as quick as the 3.6 they advertise
    the average at non peak would be a patchy 500kbps

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Thanks for the reply drunkmonkey
    I should expain my situation a bit better, I was looking at the 3 modem for work, so I can't really ask them to fit equipment to my employers building, was hoping that the dongle modem would pick up 3g coverage but it doesnt pick up any coverage. I am sure if it was a private dwelling it would work out fine. I was just unimpressed with the fact that they show a map stating they have coverage when they don't.

Bligh wrote: »
    I was just unimpressed with the fact that they show a map stating they have coverage when they don't.

Is there a map showing NBS coverage or 3G coverage?, if the map says there's 3G coverage it's possible you had coverage but those modems can be finneky, if not set up correctly you won't get any reception. Anti Virus is a big problem with them, it can completly block the connection making it look like the modem isn't working.
    Where's the area?

the more isolated you are the less choice you have and the more you pay.
    satellite customers are capped at 11gb while the rest have a 15gb cap.

Is there a map showing NBS coverage or 3G coverage?, if the map says there's 3G coverage it's possible you had coverage but those modems can be finneky, if not set up correctly you won't get any reception. Anti Virus is a big problem with them, it can completly block the connection making it look like the modem isn't working.
    Where's the area?

askcomreg.com have a map

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

Advertisement