Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civilisation IV - Thoughts?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thinking about buying this game, cant go wrong really for 10euro incl. the expansions. :D

What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I still play this constantly four years after release, basically the best turn based strategy game on the PC and as you say you can't go wrong for a tenner. Buy it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

K will definally order it so. Always had a interest in them so I hope i like it lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yep, absolutely brilliant game. I played it for ages when it first came out, not so much now. I played Civ 3 as well, equally excellent game, even if it isnt as "pretty" as 4.

Alpha Centauri got me started on the civ games.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I lost a lot of sleep because of this game,the expansions are good to,beyond the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

awesome, get it, join a PBEM game, enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Thinking about buying this game, cant go wrong really for 10euro incl. the expansions. :D

What are your thoughts on it?

go for it

but make sure you clear your calendar and stock up on coffee and beans

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I've been playing Civ III for quite a while now. Is IV that much better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

quank wrote: »
    I've been playing Civ III for quite a while now. Is IV that much better?

III was the only Civ I didn't play to death. IV is vastly superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

IV is excellent. I never enjoyed III, having played I and II a _lot_, but IV seemed to fix everything that was annoying about the series.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

get the damn game! you wont regret it one bit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

get the damn game! you wont regret it one bit ;)

Oh I dunno about that,he might when he realises its 5 in the morning and he been playing for 12 hrs straight :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I never really got into the game, and that's because I never really gave it a chance I guess. In saying that . . . a lot of my friends still play this game on a very regular basis.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Civ 4 is vastly superior to Civ 3.

Bewarned. You will loose many many many many hours to it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah Civ IV is a great game. If you love strategy then it's pretty hard to go wrong with the Civ series in my opinion. I have fond memories of playing Civ II some years ago during my summer holidays, I'd start playing at 10:30 AM and before I'd know it, it would be five o'clock! Crazy. That game would really make you lose track of time if you weren't careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

We tried to have a 4 player match in my clan before...me and one of the lads aren't much for planning and waiting...whereas the other 2 were.

We tried to build things quick and got frustrated after 2-3 hours...

Its a lloooonnnggg game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Now I have that blasted tribal/African song running through my head! The one that plays over the main menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

its the kind of game ul play for days at a time, abandon for a few weeks and then go back to. like a yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I havent played in a few months but I just saw an "Ireland" mod which could be fun.

Link

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

^Think I will download that to see what its like. hopefully it will be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I preferred civ 3, personally.
    All the civ games are terribly addictive and compulsive alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

OP where is this on offer for a tenner?

^I got it on a ebay shop.

But its f/s for £5 from http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/d2dturns5

Advertisement