Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the Atlantic Quarter gone?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with this?? I'm aware of the recession and all but has this development been put on hold, cancelled, scaled back or what??

I know the building of a new bridge out in Dunkettle was supposed to a be a critical part of the plan but surely they could start chipping away with a new area around Pairc ui Chaoimh or the conference centre that was mooted last year.

Also from what i read there were to be a mixture of land uses and UCC and CIT were going to move some dept. down there.

Anyone in the know????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

I know Howard Holdings now have full planning permission.
    They did appeal the amount of development contributions they would have to pay over to the city but later withdrew their appeal meaning they were free to drive ahead if they wished. Don't think they've said when they are going to start it though.

I read the City Manager said he hoped to see work begin before the end of the year but if we've not heard of any official moves yet I'd say that's unlikely.

They have permission for the 6,000 seat arena, the hotel and conference centre and then the massive office and apartment blocks. If they are to start I think it's going to be the hotel and then the events centre.
    Given the current conditions though, Who knows.

Advertisement