Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening Supplies - Rip-Off Pricing in Ireland!

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

This is more of a rant, but someone might be able to offer some suggestions! I am trying to source Nemaslug in Ireland. The best prices seem to be about €16.99 +delivery €6.95 approx online for the small 40sqm pack

The SAME size pack available online in the UK can be purchased for around £7 with delivery of £4, that equates to €12 approx. Unfortunately I can't find any UK based supplier who will ship to Ireland.

How the hell can so-called reputable Irish online gardening retailers justify this extortionate pricing??? a 100% mark up!

It's bloody annoying, I just wonder if anyone has managed to find an online supplier of Nemaslug who will ship to Ireland?

Rant over....

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 muingwee

I had the same problem we needed some weed control matting for footpaths the local garden centre charged 14 euro for a small roll for £30 in England I got the same as three small rolls and they delivered to Ireland its a nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Honda 16 inch Mower €599 from an Irish dealer. €280 delivered from UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭getfit

Could people post good suppliers of garden stuff at reasonable prices, it could be very useful.

Personally I've found www.waltons.co.uk very good for sheds etc.

I was about to post the same suggestion. Maybe we could have a UK/Internet supplier list as a sticky. For example one supplier wanted £90 to post a mower to Ireland another only £25. Many UK websites will not deliver to Ireland. My Honda came from here & I can highly recommend them. I recently bought a Makita drill from them for €120 that is currently in B&Q at €258 !. As well as being cheap they have a phone number with friendly people. They deliver quickly & are only charging me £30 delivery on a 31kg mower.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/TheSuperbowl__W0QQ_armrsZ1

These people will sell you an 18 inch self propelled McCulloch for about € 175 delivered. Atlantic want €250 for the push version !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120474903848&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Just an update. I clicked buy at 3pm Wednesday & the mower arrived 1pm Friday - less than 48 hours & only £30 postage. They are also really helpful on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

getfit wrote: »
    Could people post good suppliers of garden stuff at reasonable prices, it could be very useful.

Personally I've found www.waltons.co.uk ver good for sheds etc.

these guys are redirecting to irish site where they charge you a special euro price

ripping off the irish again

Advertisement