Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog flaps for patio doors

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I was looking on an American website and saw a dog door panel that you can fit into your patio door, making a dog door - but you can still walk through the patio door and lock it as normal.

Here's a link to what the product looks like -
    http://www.petdoors.com/panel_pet_door_info.htm

I really want one of these doors - as I'm renting and cannot cut a hole into the back door for a normal dog flap!

Any of the American sites that I seen either don't ship to Ireland, or obviously charge crazy prices to ship it, as it would be bulky and heavy.

Does anyone know if an Irish or even UK company supplies these doors?

Thank you. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Roisinmor

I see you have to buy the whole door. Why not ask your local double glazing company to make one for you? I'm sure they wouldn't charge that much. If they can't supply a flap that will still allow the door to slide, get them to put plastic in the bottom half of the door. There is a flap that is used in dog kennels that is one sided and it could be fitted to the plastic. The doors could then slide. I have only seen brown ones however, but I'm sure you could spray it white.

Advertisement