Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Curry Sauce

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Being brought up in Birmingham, curry was our staple diet, I've tried making curries here using spices etc but its finding time to do this also they never turn out like the restaurants.

I've used many different curry sauces from Lidl, Aldi Tescos etc & haven't had a bad one yet but I would be interested in what would people recommend?

What is their favourite brand of sauce, generally what meat produces the best results. Or should I persevere with spices and are there some good recipes on here.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a thread just below this one that discusses curry sauces...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭pavb2

Saw thread below but was thinking Indian rather than Chinese all the same might try a couple of those as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I love Sharwoods Rogan Josh for chicken curry. spicy-ish but not overly so.

hungry now...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pavb2 wrote: »
    Saw thread below but was thinking Indian rather than Chinese all the same might try a couple of those as well
    Yes, it was the Chinese style, totally different animal, I like them both though.

Pataks is usually the one brand I see most recommended. Saw an entire program on how they started up and lots of indian restaurant owners commenting on how good they were. Bombaby pantry get great reviews, I like them, and they have spices etc displayed in their windows, many are pataks.

Advertisement