Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi 250 full memory

Options
  • 01-10-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a nuvi 250 and he currently has 400 waypoints on it. (he's a truck driver)

Whats the best way to make more memory? I've deleted voices and stuff but it didn't clear up much.

I'm thinking of deleting the maps off the unit and putting them on an sd card instead, its only Ireland & UK maps on it so I don't know will that free up much.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep you need to add a SD card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Villain wrote: »
    Yep you need to add a SD card

Cheers,

And is there any way of storing waypoints on the sd card or do they have to be on the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Don't think so but I would move the maps to the SD card and leave onboard memory free for waypoints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

You can store the waypoints on the sd card.
    Use POI Loader to write the Custom POI file, write to HDD, then transfer to SD Card.
    Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't have any of my stuff here, but I use this method for transferring over 2K geocaching waypoints to my 250W.

Edit - or at least I think that's how I do it!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

but is there something hogging up all the space

i gots the 205w and it has 600 free and it has quite a bit in it, POI's, voices and so on,

have a good look on it through your computer,

• Advertisement
Advertisement