Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a contact email or phone number in NTL that actually gets anything done?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

They have charged me not one but two connection fee's, when I signed up for a package with No Connection No Set up fee. I have this in writing in an email from their sales department also.

I emailed using the form on the website, got an auto-response saying someone would be in touch in the next two days - they werent.

Rang in, the girl ask had anyone replied to my mail, I said no, she said she'd get a manager to call me back.

Manager called back, talking away and then the fire alarm went off the NTL office and he had to go. (!)

I've now lost faith in the tradition methods, and they keep sending me text's about how they are going to cut me off.. anyone got any suggestions??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ring them again. Ask to speak to a manager again. Explain the situation. It sucks but it's your best/only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Setting the fire alarm off is a new one to get rid of someone off the phone :pac:

Any of those online contact form things are cack to be honest, I wouldn't have expected too much from it. As has been said, give them another ring, the fire alarm going off was just unlucky and not really something they should be blamed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭IrelandOffline_

nm wrote: »

I've now lost faith in the tradition methods, and they keep sending me text's about how they are going to cut me off.. anyone got any suggestions??

email/pm us and we'll see what we can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I can hereby advise you that the traditional route of Registered Letter to the CEO is also useless with this company. From top to bottom, they couldn't care less, and they will ignore anything you complain about, legitimate or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I can hereby advise you that the traditional route of Registered Letter to the CEO is also useless with this company. From top to bottom, they couldn't care less, and they will ignore anything you complain about, legitimate or not.

What you need to do is email them. They have max 20 days to sort it

I recommend email to customer.support@upc.ie , subject line Formal Complaint My Account Number is 12233444 . CC THE EMAIL to info@comreg.ie

Instruct UPC to issue the Complaints Reference number to all recipients.

From here

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/InternalCharterV3.pdf

Resolution Timeframes:
    Where possible we will resolve your complaint at first point of contact.
    In all other instances we will acknowledge complaints within 2 working days and aim to resolve these within 20 working days.
    In the event we cannot meet our targeted service level we will pro-actively communicate this to you and agree a mutually
    acceptable way forward.

They must acknowledge the complaint with 2 days . This is their own policy. Of course we all know they don't :(

If they do not then they are in breach of their own code of conduct and you may set Comreg on them straight away . If they do respond and issue you with a complaint reference they have another 18 days before you can set Comreg on them.

In any event instruct UPC that they are in breach of contract and to immediately stop taking direct debits because they have abused their authority and you are withdrawing it, that normally gets you noticed in the Chorus bunker :p

Comreg do not act until the timeframe in the 'procedure' is exceeded .
    ie Comreg will do nothing until either the 2 or 20 days are up.

Then when they ignore you deal with Comreg on info@comreg.ie thereafter.

How to register a complaint

There are a number of ways in which you can register a complaint.
    You will need to reference your account number and, in any written correspondence, should outline the nature of the complaint.

By freephone:

Customer Care Centre: Freephone 1908

Opening hours: Monday – Saturday: 9am to 10pm, Sunday: 10am to 10pm, Bank holidays: 10am to 10pm

By letter:

A letter outlining the nature of the complaint and associated account numbers addressed to:
    Complaints Department, ChorusNTL a UPC company, PO Box 465, Limerick Enterprise Development Park, Roxboro Road,
    Limerick.

By email:
    Email outlining the nature of the complaint and associated account number to: customer.support@upc.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement