Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cake Shop Balbriggan

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Anyone tried it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

where exactly is it is it the one just round from the train station??if it is we got our christening cake from it and it went down a storm,they charged by weight but didnt rob us,and even made it saturday evening for collection the morning of the christening so it was fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I presume it is the one beside McFaddens?
    Havent tried it yet if it is that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

AFAIK it's the same people as own the Bakery around the corner at George's Mill.

I saw them stocking the shelves from the baker's van the other day - hence the assumption. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

No I mean the one beside McFaddens on Drogheda St

Yes that's the one I'm talking about. I can definitely confirm it's the same company, staff & stock having visited it today.

• Advertisement

Really??

I heard good things about the one near the Post Office but I thought this one was very expensive

Very expensive; particularly for what you got The cream cakes didn't have real cream in them - that sort of "fake" cream that you get from compressed cans. A small "cream cake" costs €2.50, gingerbread man is 75c - they have boxes of biscuits/cookies there but I didn't check the price.

I certainly won't be buying there again. The produce is tastier and cheaper at the Farmer's Market on Fridays. Even at that I'd make a better fist of what they're selling myself. :D

..... so it wasn't just me then!!!!!

Advertisement