Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

movin 2 dub, help??

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

hey guys, startin a job in tallaght and movin up 2 the big smoke next week. and i'm looking for a good place 2 live. i'm 22 and want to make the most out of the city centre so dont want 2 move 2 far outside it, but still want 2 get 2 work handy enough. i dont drive so i'm guessing the luas is a good transport option? hope ya can help me out:D

cheers
    vinnie.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

look for somewhere to live thats along or near the luas red line, it will get you from tallaght into town in roughly half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vinniefly

look for somewhere to live thats along or near the luas red line, it will get you from tallaght into town in roughly half an hour

cheers, would drimnagh be a decent spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is some sort of drugs fued going on there but its like anywhere really, you get good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vinniefly

cheers for that dude, der are plenty of places for cheap in drimnagh, maybe thats why!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Stake the place out vinnie. The difference from one road to another is unbelievable in estates like that. Don't forget, shops and chippers tend to be congregation areas for bored teens. I find main roads with a bit of traffic better to be honest. I gather from your other posts you are a man of action, maybe single... You will be making your way home late at night from town, check the route if you have a car at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Make sure there's a Nightlink stop near your house as well. You don't want be doing a long walk from the busstop through some estate in the middle of the night on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Type properly or go 2 L.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

I'd recommend Kilmainham / Rialto or somewhere in Dublin 8 that's near to the Luas line. The luas will get you to work no bother and then for going into town you can either get the luas, bus or walk. Drimnagh would be a bit too far to walk. Personally I also think Kilmainham is a bit of a nicer area but that's just me.

www.daft.ie/3523185

www.daft.ie/3519627

www.daft.ie/3540389

Advertisement