Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child maintanence.

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi guys,

need a bit of help.

myself and boyfriend broke up a week before our baby was born.
    he recieves 600 euro wages evey week after tax and gives me 100 euro child maintanence.

now he wants to reduce this to 70 euro.

what ye think??

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This is the Help Desk.
    Please read forum charters before posting, that way you will know if you are posting in the correct place.

Moving to the Parenting forum.

Maintenance should be based on the child's costs, not how much someone earns.

Work out how much it costs to support your baby each month / week, budget for food, nappies, childcare if any, medical costs, clothes, .... deduct the amount of Child Benefit from that, and then split the costs down the middle.

Back up your case with receipts. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Child maintenance is based on both parents income and expenditure - not on costs related only to the child(ren).

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ellie1

what ye think??

unless your ex partner has had a significant drop in wages, I think you should continue to recieve 100 euro a week.

Advertisement