Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHO'S BREAD IS THE NICEST

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

this is a debate that is had in our house on a regular basis. my brother in law would almost fight about it.

i have a bias on this so i am not going to give my preference, but i would like people to tell, what is your opinion on the sliced loaf, and who makes the nicest bread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think you need to be a bit more specific - there are a large variety of types of bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Jev/N wrote: »
    I think you need to be a bit more specific - there are a large variety of types of bread!

Also - there is alot of smaller bakeries around the country, that are not supplying nationwide.

Off the top of my head I can count six in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

For me, my bread is the nicest, a fresh loaf each morning, ten minutes work and hey presto!

It's a plain white soda bread, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

i would say mine is the best,
    tis sitting out in the kitchen still warm from the oven, just waiting for the missus to come in so i can put the kettle on and have some home made brown bread and cheese

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

brennans batch bread. coupled with black pudding and brown sauce. FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Food & Drink

dudara

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I too think that home-made bread is nicest, but if you're talking about commecial bakeries then McCLoskey's is the winner for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

definately Superquinn's bakery bread (unsliced white loaf)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

As far as commercial sliced pans are concerned, I'm a fan of Johnson Mooney & O'Briens Doorstep bread. It makes great toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Brennan's Wholegrain

• Advertisement

Pan bread....Burgens soya with linseed.

Dunnes stores do a nice Polish bread, it is sound and I think it is called seeded rye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

Definately have to go with superquinn's fresh bread, especially the one with the kinda burnt looking crispy crust... Mmmmmm - It's even better when you:P toast it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I too think that home-made bread is nicest, but if you're talking about commecial bakeries then McCLoskey's is the winner for me.

+1 on McCloskeys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Spicers Round Pan nom nom nom

Althought I only ever seemed to be able to find it in Balbriggan :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

brettmirl wrote: »
    +1 on McCloskeys

McCloskeys Tiger Bread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Never tried that, but their batch and paco pans are YUMMY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Dingleye wrote: »
    McCloskeys

It would be helpful if people could tell us what region their favourite bread is available.

My favourite is Larkins wholemeal brown, Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Dingleye wrote: »
    McCloskeys Tiger Bread!!!
    Seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 .!.

That Guinness bread is lovely. Irvens?(sp?) Also a super quinn sold bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

ya can get spicers in Lusk too... fwiw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

moonflower wrote: »
    Brennan's Wholegrain
    That stuff is mainly white flour, just in case people think it is proper brown bread. Lots of "brown breads" are mainly white flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

rubadub wrote: »
    That stuff is mainly white flour, just in case people think it is proper brown bread. Lots of "brown breads" are mainly white flour.
    I think that post may be slightly misleading. We have labeling laws in this country that prevents random use of descriptive labels that may lead to consumers confusion.

Advertisement