Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund, CC Disputes Advise

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering who is the best "body" to go to when you wish to further a dispute between yourself and a trader from a different country. when your bank is unable to process any further than they have.

Any help advise would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you provide a bit more background information please? It might help posters provide you with more specific answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

sorry dudara,

Basically bought something when on holiday.
    It was to be collected 22 days when they rang me to say it was ready and I collect it.
    They said if I wanted to cancel it or makes changes come back to them within 24 - 48. hours. I went back an hour later after ordering and they wouldn't cancel it.

Now Ive followed this up with my bank, but I am also wondering if there is any consumer body that could help me or advise me in what my rights are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds more like you changed your mind rather than the vendor not supplying the item in which case you ' d be looking for a charge back.

Eventhough the vendor may have promised a returns policy, a reg body won't fight for you unless a law was broken.

If they didn't honour their word, and you have it in witting then you may be able to argue the contract is null and void, but as far as I can see, once you accepted the product and left the premises then the contract stands.

Advertisement