Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nissan serena cv24,engine management light coming on and loss of power (turbo)

• 01-10-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, I was driving back from galway to dublin today and engine management light started flashing and lost power. turbo stoped working. I turned it off and started again and it was fine but came back on 2 km later. its an automatic and would only rev at 2,ooo any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 b3rni3

first off

is it a manual or automatic?

second are you limited to the ammount of revs you can use or can you use the whole lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Given that yours is an import, it may not use OBD II type ECU, so getting a fault code may be trickier.

I also fear that this is the same notoriously self-destructive 2.5 turbo diesel that the Navara has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fat larry

she`s an automatic and would not rev over 2000 while driving. while pulled over will rev higher and gives some smoke. i also noticed on the auto control on the dash EG for driving in snow or gives a green light and for pulling a brown light, but today it was showing red ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 b3rni3

not entirely sure but sounds like the car is in limp mode.

this happens in autos to prevent damage to the engine.

could be any number of reasons causing this youll need to get it plugged in for diagnostics to find the fault code but because yours is an import it may be hard for your local dealership to get the pc plugged in and working. try them anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 2010

fat larry wrote: »
    Hi all, I was driving back from galway to dublin today and engine management light started flashing and lost power. turbo stoped working. I turned it off and started again and it was fine but came back on 2 km later. its an automatic and would only rev at 2,ooo any ideas ?

Had a Serena vc24 myself with that exact same problem
    Would happen 2/3 weakly for 3 to 4 months
    Happen to change the air filter because it looked a bit choked up
    And solved the problem it never happened again.

Nissan almera filter will fit

Also just a little tip

I had my windscreen broken just before xmas a few years back and it cost me
    €930 to replace it
    The insurance company would only pick up €200 towards it.
    So after that I asked for extra cover if it happens again…they said no problem and it cost me nothing extra

My Serena is gone now
    If you’re interested I’m selling a set of lockable roof rack/rails special for the vc24

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fat larry

thanks for the advice 2010, how long did you have your cv24 for and how many miles did you put up on it as im not sure to keep or sell it

Advertisement