Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headunit wireing

• 01-10-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain the wireing on a head unit or point me to a site with a good diagram. I have a standard Blaupunkt Lausanne CD31 CD/Tuner Headunit. There is an AUX option but im lookingto know which wires to wire it into, There used to be a link here before to the wiring but it was an old link that doesnt wrk anymore, any help would be apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

21610d1131605251-schematics-pin-outs-diagrams-blaupunkt3.jpg

hardly the same as this is it?

I don't think there is a usable aux in, I think the headunit needs to be triggered by a pulse from the CD changer, there is no Aux In option when you press the SRC button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

thanks for the reply colm, well i havnt taken the stereo out yet, but when i press the button to go from tuner to cd , there is an aux option, so im presuming it can be wired in. i suspose ill start by whipping the stereo out

I had a Lausanne in an Alfa years ago. more recently I had a Grenoble in a Punto. the Grenoble didn't have the aux option, I presumed they were basically the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

I doubt if you have to take out the stereo to access the auxilliary input jack :confused:

is the diagram off the grenoble? i lke the sound off the lausanne so im just trying to hook up the aux in, do you remember you're one having the aux display?

• Advertisement

kazul wrote: »
    I doubt if you have to take out the stereo to access the auxilliary input jack :confused:

there is no imput jack, if possible one would have to be wired in, if "AUX" didn:t come up n the display as an option i wouldn@t bother looking into it

What are you trying to connect via the aux in? The jack should be fairly easy to see if there is one.
    If it's an i-pod or similar you want to connect, just get one of those transmitter accessories and play it thru the radio.

Diagram is for Grenoble I think. would be shocked if the 2 units had different plugs.

This was years ago!

Actually, is it possible to enable/disable the aux in through the menu?

Grenoble:
    66321924.jpg

Lausanne:
    1706803_1024.jpg

Kazul, there is no jack imput, im tring to wire one in, id prefer that to the fm transmitter, but ill go for that if i cant figure it out, just using it for my creative.

colm_mcm i see what you mean, they are similar, mines the cd31 version, bsically the same, the van isnt at my house so ill check over the weekend, but as far as i know i can enable aux through the menu, it just goes from cd to tuner to aux, i think thats all the options, so im sure it can be done somehow, ill whip it out and see if the wiring diagram makes sence to me

I'd be fairly hopeful that it'd work in that case.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd be fairly hopeful that it'd work in that case.

just found this
    http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.rec.audio.car/2005-08/msg00033.html

so it looks like its do-able, cheers for the help, ill work off that wiring diagram, i just have to get the mini-jack imput and wiring and go from there, thanks

Even if it's possible it sounds like a lot of hassle. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but where/how do you eventually want to plug the mp3 player in?
    A good quality headunit with mp3 and other connectivity is relatively cheap these days

It's simple, you get a standard headphone type 3.5mm lead. cut it, ground the 2 ground wires and connect the inner wires to the pins in the back of the headunit. run the lead through to the glovebox or under the dash.

Total cost €4

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's simple, you get a standard headphone type 3.5mm lead. cut it, ground the 2 ground wires and connect the inner wires to the pins in the back of the headunit. run the lead through to the glovebox or under the dash.

Total cost €4

i didnt thnk it would be that simple, thats sounds good , so if i can test it out on an old pair of headphones, then ill get a longer one, i wasnt thinking straight, i was just thinking of the standard mini-jack female imput thats usually in stereos

kazul wrote: »
    Even if it's possible it sounds like a lot of hassle.
    A good quality headunit with mp3 and other connectivity is relatively cheap these days

ah yeah, but im interested in doing it myself, and since i like th stereo it would make sence

Advertisement