Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start??

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Below is pics of my garden it has been a torture ya see im not into gardeing much but when we bought our house some 5 years ago it was only put down. I taught i would get into gardening but the beds were way to big and i had no time to look after it, so i want to start again i would like to dig up all the beds and start a fresh.

But one of my problems is after i dig up the beds should i just cover them with the new garden or should i get a skip and dump it, which would be costly i bet. I want to put a patio and swings for the wee one in the third pic, i would like square off the rest of the lawn and have a path goin around it. I dont know if a sucken path or one level with the lawn would be best. As you can see from the last pic there is a path running around the house now that is about half a foot of a step into the garden, i am in two minds weather or not i should get in some topsoil to raise the garden up to the same level. The lawn will be a bit smaller than the one i have at the min

Any help would be great. I dont want to get a designer in as this can be costly i want to keep it as low cost as possible and do all the work my self

Advertisement