Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton controller

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Cool. Ableton are continuing to rip off the Monome idea. But would the APC40 not be better with the knobs and sliders?

Edit; Lots cheaper though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Cool how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Looks great, and at €149 plus vat, a bargain to boot.
    I'm using a behringer bcr2000 to control live at the
    moment so i've no need for this but a friend was asking for something
    just like this so cheers for the tip , i'll pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

El Pr0n wrote: »
    But would the APC40 not be better with the knobs and sliders?

I have an apc40 and my god do i love it.. since i got it i even sold one of my cd decks and one of my 1210's (dont need them anymore + its not like i ever get any gigs!!).. i wonder would there be much point in getting one of these to run alongside the apc? any ideas guys? i can think of a few and am wondering what type of controller magic would be possible with an apc40 + launchpad (and a midi keyboard).. i like the idea of the two user modes as this could be mapped to a drum rack right out the box without having to use something like bome midi translator for the apc..

i dont like the idea of using the launchpad for volume control as im wondering could it ever be as accurate as a fader/pot.. but i do like the thought of having a couple of these and the apc now theres a thought..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Stab*City wrote: »
    I have an apc40 and my god do i love it.. since i got it i even sold one of my cd decks and one of my 1210's (dont need them anymore + its not like i ever get any gigs!!).. i wonder would there be much point in getting one of these to run alongside the apc? any ideas guys? i can think of a few and am wondering what type of controller magic would be possible with an apc40 + launchpad (and a midi keyboard).. i like the idea of the two user modes as this could be mapped to a drum rack right out the box without having to use something like bome midi translator for the apc..

i dont like the idea of using the launchpad for volume control as im wondering could it ever be as accurate as a fader/pot.. but i do like the thought of having a couple of these and the apc now theres a thought..

Can you input live playing loops on the apc? - like in the demo of the launchpad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Can you input live playing loops on the apc? - like in the demo of the launchpad?

Not sure i understand the question.. well you could record while playing back loops and the play those if thats what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Got one bookmarked for my birthday next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Yeah, i did get turned on when i saw this alright.

Definitely picked on up. Will use in conjunction with my BCR, as i just prefer having effects mapped to rotarys, not sure why.

If i am lucky, will have it long enough to have gotten used to it by the time i play my first how in Dec.

Awesome.

Advertisement