Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Bed Situation

Options
  • 01-10-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭

Mid January we bought a new double bed Priced at €539,, We got it for €460..
    end of March came, and I noticed one side of the Mattress was creasing in the center of the side and was actually collapsing.
    I told the shop about this and they said a replacement mattress would be on its way that week.. The delivery guy turned up with a Mattress that was not a match of the bed we bought. I rang the shop and they apologised as it was the only one in that particular make they could get. I said I couldnt accept that as i would not have bought a mismatch bed on day one even if i got it at a ridiculously low price. So we agreed on choosing a different bed,which we did (same manufacturer) €569..

Start July came and the rope edge on the Mattress started to come off the end of the bed.. I couldnt believe it..
    I went back to the shop and explained this so I said what can we do now?
    Salesman said it was up to me. I was boss.
    Refund or replace.
    I looked around and saw a much more expensive bed ( Pocket Sprung Mattress one €899
    I asked what would their best be on it and he gave it to me for €280 extra.
    We agreed and now have paid a total of €840.
    Well.
    Last week I couldnt believe my ears.
    Got into bed and heard a creaking noise. I could only imagine this was a bad joint in the base after coming loose.
    I left it for a few days to ensure it was what I thought and it got worse. I reported this to the Shop and they said a Rep, would come out to see it.
    Where do I stand?
    can I say
    "Forget about the rep, I want a refund this time" and go elsewhere?

Any advice grateful. ;)

Advertisement