Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lisbon Treaty, Last Minute Poll!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    More deception and mis-information :rolleyes:
    and "yes to lisbon, yes to jobs and recovery" isnt mis-information?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Max Power1 wrote: »

That is just BS......saying we will have an EU President is just bare-faced lies. BTW I never said I agreed that the Yes to Jobs etc is correct or factual. It is opinion. It might happen.

EU President is nowhere mentioned in the Treaty....it is a lie to say otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

More deception and mis-information :rolleyes:

ahem......
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2663036/Tony-Blair-to-head-the-EU-within-weeks.html

I'm registered and will be voting no

and have €20 on a no vote in Paddy Power:cool:

That is just BS......saying we will have an EU President is just bare-faced lies.

There will be a President of the EU council and the frontrunner is Tony Blair. Facts.

Job creation and Economic Recovery is bare faced lies, it is mentioned in the Treaty. Facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

1. I am registered to vote tomorrow and i am going to vote NO.

No big shock there then:rolleyes:

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 worldclass

2. I am registered to vote tomorrow and i am going to vote YES.:D

PomBear wrote: »
    ahem......
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2663036/Tony-Blair-to-head-the-EU-within-weeks.html

I'm registered and will be voting no

and have €20 on a no vote in Paddy Power:cool:

as revealed by the Sun :D

The role is actually President of the European Council. Tony Blair has twice been the President of the European Council in the past. So if he does get it (by no means a certainty) it would be his THIRD time in the role. The role has no voting rights or legislative or executive power whatsoever. Get your FACTS straight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

+1

WTF are "+1" that for, you never intended to vote yes and the reasons you keep going on about are not cocky politicians.

There will be a President of the EU council and the frontrunner is Tony Blair. Facts.

Job creation and Economic Recovery is bare faced lies, it is mentioned in the Treaty. Facts.

It is President of the European Council and Blair has already been in that role twice in the past. Get your facts straight .

Where is it mentioned in the treaty that economic recovery is bare faced lies??? :confused:

It is President of the European Council and Blair has already been in that role twice in the past. Get your facts straight .

Where is it mentioned in the treaty that economic recovery is bare faced lies??? :confused:

The president of the EU council under the Lisbon Treaty will give a term of 2 and a half years to whoever it elects not the 6 month revolving honorary position of before

well since Yes voters seem to be spouting this economic recovery crap, why don't you explain why it will? Since its hard for me to prove its not mentioned in 450 page treaty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

No "I've got a vote, but am not going to vote tomorrow cos this is the second time my vote has been disrespected" option.:confused:

staker wrote: »
    No "I've got a vote, but am not going to vote tomorrow cos this is the second time my vote has been disrespected" option.:confused:
    what a waste! Get out and vote! (im presumin by the tone of your post that you would be voting no, hence my encouragement :D)

as revealed by the Sun :D

The role is actually President of the European Council. Tony Blair has twice been the President of the European Council in the past. So if he does get it (by no means a certainty) it would be his THIRD time in the role. The role has no voting rights or legislative or executive power whatsoever. Get your FACTS straight lads.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4b7e16a2-f9a6-11db-9b6b-000b5df10621.html?nclick_check=1
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5fe52a74-1b6e-11dc-bc55-000b5df10621.html
    http://openeuropeblog.blogspot.com/2007/06/blair-for-president-of-europe.html

So why let the government make your vote useless from last time? tell them where they can shove it

what a waste! Get out and vote! (im presumin by the tone of your post that you would be voting no, hence my encouragement :D)

i already did, that's my point:mad:

The president of the EU council under the Lisbon Treaty will give a term of 2 and a half years to whoever it elects not the 6 month revolving honorary position of before

well since Yes voters seem to be spouting this economic recovery crap, why don't you explain why it will? Since its hard for me to prove its not mentioned in 450 page treaty

We all know this about the term increasing. Whats your point?

I don't spout this 'crap' and personally don't like the way the yes side says it will help recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

What will not voting achieve:confused: Get out and vote like a good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's an opinion. One you're free to disagree with, but is shared by 91% of economists (not to mention a few hedge fund managers hoping for a No vote so their short selling tactics will pay off http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/politics/ganley-confirms-libertas-got-cash-from-hedge-fund-group-102147.html) so it's not totally baseless. Making up fictitious treaty articles and using them as part of your arguments is simply lying.

We all know Blair is a possible candidate for this role, what are you trying to prove??

Any political analyst will tell you he's frontrunner by far. You slammed this as misinformation in an earlier post

• Advertisement

We all know this about the term increasing. Whats your point?

I don't spout this 'crap' and personally don't like the way the yes side says it will help recovery.

So why did you question me deannouncing it as lies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

I'm voting NO tomorrow.......we already voted No, respect our vote!

What will not voting achieve:confused: Get out and vote like a good man.

nothing like a good condescending approach.
    thanks for making my mind up

Any political analyst will tell you he's frontrunner by far. You slammed this as misinformation in an earlier post

:rolleyes: I slammed this quote
    If the Yes side get their way tomorrow we will have an English president (a warmonger at that) Just another one, of thousands, reason to vote No To Lisbon.

it is misinformation to say we WILL have blair as President of the European Council because unless you can prove otherwise, he has NOT been appointed to that role!!!

So why did you question me deannouncing it as lies?
    Stark wrote:
    It's an opinion. One you're free to disagree with, but is shared by 91% of economists (not to mention a few hedge fund managers hoping for a No vote so their short selling tactics will pay off http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...up-102147.html) so it's not totally baseless.

Yes to Jobs etc is an opinion, not one I agree with BTW. You can't denounce it as an outright lie.

Stark wrote: »
    It's an opinion. One you're free to disagree with, but is shared by 91% of economists (not to mention a few hedge fund managers hoping for a No vote so their short selling tactics will pay off http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/politics/ganley-confirms-libertas-got-cash-from-hedge-fund-group-102147.html) so it's not totally baseless. Making up fictitious treaty articles and using them as part of your arguments is simply lying.

But it has nothing to do with the treaty, and its also not FACT! Its opinion! Opinions of those in the economic industry helped contribute to the mess the country is in, so forgive me if I decide to ignore their viewpoint
    i already did, that's my point:mad:

So if you speak, but the person to whom you are speaking doesnt quite hear and asks you to speak up, you dont repeat what you said?

:rolleyes: I slammed this quote

it is misinformation to say we WILL have blair as President of the European Council because unless you can prove otherwise, he has NOT been appointed to that role!!!

Any who follows European politics can tell you of a 90% certainty of Blairs role

Yes to Jobs etc is an opinion, not one I agree with BTW. You can't denounce it as an outright lie.

Where in the treaty does it mention economic recovery in a treaty first drafted in 2000/01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

nothing like a good condescending approach.
    thanks for making my mind up

No problem at all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It doesn't. "Yes to recovery" means that Fine Gael are of the opinion that the treaty will do more good than harm to Ireland's economic prospects.

Where in the treaty does it say that the minimum wage will be €1.84 per hour?

Advertisement