Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel hell-help

• 01-10-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hey guys

ive just started a new job which is very excel based- being the novice excel person that i am, i'mfinding it very difficult to wrap my head around all the formulas-im just wondering if anyone knows of any programmes and websites which offer excel class(free) i know the basics such as how to add, subtract etc, format just need to up it a level- thanks a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭legoman

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/free-training/basic-index.htm

This is quite a good site. The site looks messy but the content is good.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

try www.alison.com

Free online courses in lots of things, including Office 2003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This site gives tips for using Excel 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Your best bet is simply to play around with excel. More than likely if you make a logical assumption about something (for example, there must be a way to round a decimal number to an integer) then there is most likely a function to suit your needs. The help system in excel is brilliant, you just need to learn how to ask the right questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 .!.

kaykay27 wrote: »
    Hey guys

ive just started a new job which is very excel based- being the novice excel person that i am, i'mfinding it very difficult to wrap my head around all the formulas-im just wondering if anyone knows of any programmes and websites which offer excel class(free) i know the basics such as how to add, subtract etc, format just need to up it a level- thanks a mil

Local Library. Loads of books on excel. Might even have some Microsoft Training DVDs.

The Help function in Excel itself can be quite helpful :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement