Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freestyle dublin city centre?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Is there anywhere near town that do freestyle classes for 17/18 year olds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Hey Eva,

By "freestyling", do you mean hip hop dance classes? Freestyling essentially means any non pre-choreographed dancing that applies to all genres of dance, in particular hip hop. To freestyle, you're literally just letting your body react to the music being played.. although, obviously it has to make some sense ;) I suppose to make things clearer for you, you'd see it alot in "battles" where the dancer would just make up the choreography on the spot.

Or you could also be talking about disco dancing? I'm not too sure what disco involves to be honest, but I think freestyle might be one of its "sub-categories", I suppose you could call it??

For hip hop classes, there's loads in Dublin city centre. Check out the sticky at the top of the forum for a list of recommended classes. There's also a list of other dance classes in that thread.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if you want to clarify which kind of classes you'd like to take so I can help further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ___BEST_EVA___

Ye i mean disco flexibility freestyle, there dosnt seem to be many classes around

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I used to take pilates classes every Thursday at Dance House and in the studio next to us was a freestyle class. If you contact Dance House directly they should be able to give you some details about who runs the class etc...

Also, if you head over to this forum, they might be able to help you out: http://www.dance.net/disco0.html There's quite a few Irish posters on the forum so I think they''d be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help - best of luck!

Advertisement