Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Copperfacejacks memory thread

Options
  • 01-10-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

You can put your best/worst memories of the place here. No one else will know and you will finally get.....closure on those memories by writing them down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

this should be merged with the 'when did you lose your virginity?' thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Is that place closing? Never had the privilege of darkening its door...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Dudess wrote: »
    Is that place closing? Never had the privilege of darkening its door...

It will never close!

Its an integral part of every Irish persons life to go there at least once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Feck off out of AH, we're not all from Dooooblin or as you call it, "town".

Dublin Forum >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This is Copperface Jacks you're talking about - it may be physically located in Dublin, but that's the only "Dublin" thing about it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

FearDark wrote: »
    Feck off out of AH, we're not all from Dooooblin or as you call it, "town".

Dublin Forum >>

No, Coppers is an Irish thing really, not a Dublin thing.

Got in the other night after going to the Door 3 times and kissing an ugly yoke outside.

Got in eventually, paid my tenner and went around a bit. Realised I have no money on me.

Went to the bank machine, kissed another girl don't know how or why, but I think we were talking about boards.

Wasn't allowed back in

Went home and puked until 1 o clock the next day.

I don't remember a thing about the inside of the club TBH, I'd like to know what it was like:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

my lack of memories from being in coppers would be the main memory of the place.was a regular during college and up until the last 12 months or so.it still gets hit every so often though.....sometimes ya just need a coppers night to get mouldy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I worked on the door in the mid nineties and this is no joke, one particular bloke was in there seven nights a week. I reckon he was a vampire but I don't remember them serving true blood at the time.

I'm always sober in coppers....I always remember everything. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm always sober in coppers....I always remember everything. :O

God have mercy on you. :pac:

God have mercy on you. :pac:

He has. Last time I was there, I lost my friend.
    She sobered up in Waterford. We are never going back offically! :P

Moonbaby wrote: »
    He has. Last time I was there, I lost my friend.
    She sobered up in Waterford. We are never going back offically! :P

I can't remember the last time I was there. I didn't even know I'd been until I found a stamp on my wrist the next morning. ><

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

Oh gawd! I've been there once and never plan to return! what an awful dive! the DJ does more talking than a newstalk presenter, the clientele speak a different language altogether, the music is ****e, it takes AGES to get a drink, everyone's jacket get robbed and since when is it ok to wear a football jersey to a nightclub??

I was outta my brain on gone off cider and weed when I went, my fella got thrown out for trying to piss inside, and I got thrown out for robbing drinks and abusing some culchies. never again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

I was outta my brain on gone off cider and weed when I went, my fella got thrown out for trying to piss inside, and I got thrown out for robbing drinks and abusing some culchies. never again!!!

And you think everyone else were not nice people??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

there once, worst pint ever tasted, ugly girls trying to talk to us, left after hour or so!
    My mate from Cork at work tells me horror stories about the place all the time though. As a Northsider I'm too lazy to walk to Harcourt St anyway so i doubt i'll ever be there again, plus I'm probably too old now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Oh gawd! I've been there once and never plan to return! what an awful dive! the DJ does more talking than a newstalk presenter, the clientele speak a different language altogether, the music is ****e, it takes AGES to get a drink, everyone's jacket get robbed and since when is it ok to wear a football jersey to a nightclub??

Coppers must be gutted to lose your custom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

In the eight years I have been living in Dublin, I have never once gone into the dump that is Coppers, thank god. People I know will go but I refuse to go, it's just slapsville! I think that it's more of a culchie and southside Dublin thing.

I am proud to say I am one of the few culchies who has never been :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

tinkerbell wrote: »
    In the eight years I have been living in Dublin, I have never once gone into the dump that is Coppers, thank god. People I know will go but I refuse to go, it's just slapsville! I think that it's more of a culchie and southside Dublin thing.

I am proud to say I am one of the few culchies who has never been :D

Guess your afraid of the ol' micky eh!!..

Don't wanna rub'o the ol' relic :pac:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Oh, I hate the place! The boys are so rude, they think they can just touch you without permission!! I was there a couple of years ago and some scumbag grabbed me from behind, but with such enthusiasm that he put his hand BETWEEN my legs and groped my special area!!! Yep- he got a clatter for that!!!!!!

Last time I was there, this Garda (aren't they all?!) started chatting to me at the bar. I was chatting away, innocently enough, but then I mentioned my boyfriend in conversation and he just walked away. We'd been chattin a while, and the minute I became off limits he pure stormed off!! It's a meat market!!

• Advertisement

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Oh, I hate the place! The boys are so rude, they think they can just touch you without permission!! I was there a couple of years ago and some scumbag grabbed me from behind, but with such enthusiasm that he put his hand BETWEEN my legs and groped my special area!!! Yep- he got a clatter for that!!!!!!

Last time I was there, this Garda (aren't they all?!) started chatting to me at the bar. I was chatting away, innocently enough, but then I mentioned my boyfriend in conversation and he just walked away. We'd been chattin a while, and the minute I became off limits he pure stormed off!! It's a meat market!!

Pfft. It's the women who do the most groping.

There's nothing more emotionally scarring than being touched by an ugly woman. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I don't remember a thing about the inside of the club TBH, I'd like to know what it was like:D

No. No you wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Coppers is a great laugh - the culchie footstamp, fist pump dance always makes me laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Was last in there 10 years ago with a guy called 'Stephen'. Turned out he was a plain-clothes Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lillylilly wrote: »
    We'd been chattin a while, and the minute I became off limits he pure stormed off!! It's a meat market!!

I've done that, well usually after asking the question is your BF here? If he is I will walk off, if not I keep going as I was:D
    Pfft. It's the women who do the most groping.

There's nothing more emotionally scarring than being touched by an ugly woman. :(

I don't think I got groped at all, and I like ugly women!!!:(
    MOH wrote: »
    No. No you wouldn't.

Yeah, I would:D Next time I go to dublin I am staying sober until I go to coppers!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tinkerbell wrote: »
    ...I have never once gone into the dump that is Coppers... it's just slapsville!
    How do you know this, then?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Coppers is the best. Bought my last drink at 3:30am last night.

Advertisement