Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Lisbon Related Taxi Driver Action

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well done. It's a pointed thread according to.

Of course, the droids are willing it to be a rabid no-er forcing an innocent female outta a cab.

Go on Biggins, give them what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭w00t

Rb wrote: »
    You clearly don't use taxis often so.

I do. A lot but I am not the type of person to tar people with a big brush, defiantly not because they chose a certain line of work. I prefer to take people on their merit and words.

Like you on this site. Small bit of searching on during the week showed that you are the type of person who says to a pregnant lady on the internet ""I hope you fall down the stairs and lose the baby" or words to the effect. Caused a bit of a controversy at the time from what I gathered. Obligatory link. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055277449

Give me an opinionated taxi driver any day tbh.

prinz wrote: »
    Were you driving a taxi earlier on by any chance? :rolleyes:

Are you M Martin perchance, as your 'smiley' of choice would suggest a strict self image.

No.
    I was just ten minutes ago, a customer of a taximan who was one of you.
    I still paid him, not handsomely what he was due, as his vote guarntees the economy of his country, apparently. You awful being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

gambiaman wrote: »
    Well done. It's a pointed thread according to.

Of course, the droids are willing it to be a rabid no-er forcing an innocent female outta a cab.

Go on Biggins, give them what they want.

Not sure about your own thread as I have not looked.

I have already posted a validating event link to Oscarbravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh dear, gambiaman, this isn't working out well for you. I'd suggest a good nights sleep tbh :)

• Advertisement

w00t wrote: »
    I do. A lot but I am not the type of person to tar people with a big brush, defiantly not because they chose a certain line of work. I prefer to take people on their merit and words.

Like you on this site. Small bit of searching on during the week showed that you are the type of person who says to a pregnant lady on the internet ""I hope you fall down the stairs and lose the baby" or words to the effect. Caused a bit of a controversy at the time from what I gathered. Obligatory link. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055277449

Give me an opinionated taxi driver any day tbh.
    Um yes, isn't it so wonderful to be able to pull a quote completely out of context to make one look of bad nature? A trait so commonly seen in No voters, such as quoting the author of the treaty himself out of context to further their argument.

This pathetic, desperate little attempt at my character is merely just that, and speaks more about you than it ever will about me.

You fail to provide a coherent argument for voting No, you fail to back up a single point you make with so much as one relevant fact, and now this desperate cringeworthy attempt to save some face.

Oh dear oh dear, you really do nothing for your "side" of this argument and I eagerly await the disappearance of yourself and the other No side posters who don't understand the meaning of the word "fact".

If you do wish to have a go in private though, do PM me, I've a lot more colourful, demeaning little terms I can use for you and your type, although I fear most might be lost on you.

Also I believe you've just outed yourself as a re-reg, which makes things even more desperate.

Biggins wrote: »
    Not sure about your own thread as I have not looked.

I have already posted a validating event link to Oscarbravo.

Oh Biggins, don't you know it's closed off.
    (Not that it was interesting, but this one is still a gaping chasm in the uber-eu forum ....

Oh dear, gambiaman, this isn't working out well for you. I'd suggest a good nights sleep tbh :)

Well, I suggest you re-read and discard the blinkers, love.

Um yes, isn't it so wonderful to be able to pull a quote completely out of context to make one look of bad nature? A trait so commonly seen in No voters, such as quoting the author of the treaty himself out of context to further their argument.

This pathetic, desperate little attempt at my character is merely just that, and speaks more about you than it ever will about me.

You fail to provide a coherent argument for voting No, you fail to back up a single point you make with so much as one relevant fact, and now this desperate cringeworthy attempt to save some face.

Oh dear oh dear, you really do nothing for your "side" of this argument and I eagerly await the disappearance of yourself and the other No side posters who don't understand the meaning of the word "fact".

If you do wish to have a go in private though, do PM me, I've a lot more colourful, demeaning little terms I can use for you and your type, although I fear most might be lost on you.

Also I believe you've just outed yourself as a re-reg, which makes things even more desperate.

Nice paragraphing.

Lisbon sides are finished, you hopefully are too.

Nice paragraphing.

Lisbon sides are finished, you hopefully are too.
    What does this even mean?

As I said, hit the sack before you make an even bigger mockery of yourself. That thread you started did enough damage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was voting yes , but that is pure speculation. If the OP does not post what the taxi driver was going to vote for this thread will be full of idle speculation. To use anecdotal evidence to portray an entire side of a campaign is ill informed and dangerous. This story is third hand already and could easily become a Chinese whisper.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply made up. I have had perfectly reasonable discusssions with cab drivers who are for and against although most are definetly voting No imho. Hopefully. We can all do our bit to help defeat Lisbon and protect Irish democracy. We need to send them a message: we won't simply do as we are told. No means No, we said it once before and we can say it again.

What does this even mean?

As I said, hit the sack before you make an even bigger mockery of yourself. That thread you started did enough damage.

Clue. Not happening with you, is it?

Ignore the ?, I really do not want to converse with the likes of you.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply made up. I have had perfectly reasonable discusssions with cab drivers who are for and against although most are definetly voting No imho. Hopefully. We can all do our bit to help defeat Lisbon and protect Irish democracy. We need to send them a message: we won't simply do as we are told. No means No, we said it once before and we can say it again.

As have I. Tonight.
    Yes or No. It's over.

It's people like you, with attitudes such as that, that truly make a joke out of democracy.

Such nonsense only serves as further proof that some form of testing should be in place before someone can go and vote on a European treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Couldn't resist turning it into a party political broadcast huh? There are a number of areas I have learned to steer clear of with taxi drivers, immigration (irish taxi drivers), irish taxi drivers (immigrant taxi drivers), politics, religion, history.... it's easier for all involved if they just stick to driving tbh.

Couldn't resist turning it into a party political broadcast huh? There are a number of areas I have learned to steer clear of with taxi drivers, immigration (irish taxi drivers), irish taxi drivers (immigrant taxi drivers), politics, religion, history.... it's easier for all involved if they just stick to driving tbh.

As most people on here will see, you won't ever post here after Saturday. Shill.

It's people like you, with attitudes such as that, that truly make a joke out of democracy.

Such nonsense only serves as further proof that some form of testing should be in place before someone can go and vote on a European treaty.

We? you're not even within it you nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I have to question the valdity of this story .

There was a time I would have too, until an incident a few months ago.

We were waffling on about politics, and I corrected him on a few points.
    Amiable enough.

We started talking about Bertie, and we both agreed we didn't care for him, but I corrected him on a part of the evidence.

I suddenly looked over and saw him gripping the wheel in a death grip, his face writhing as he tried to control his anger.

I shut up.

He suddenly jerked the car up onto the pavement and told me to get the **** out or he would bate me.

I jumped out and he drove off.

Taxi drivers are dangerous folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

But you got a free trip so win :)

Indeed, even though it hurts to engage in the same, monotonous small talk, keeping to topics like how busy the driver is that night is the safest bet. Otherwise you run the risk of having to sit there and listen to someone go nuts over something they've very little understanding about, yet think they're experts in the field of.
    As most people on here will see, you won't ever post here after Saturday. Shill.

This is a bit rich considering you've 44 posts in the EU forum in total, the majority posted since the 29th of September and none of which have much substance or footing in reality.

Also, if any side is to be accused of shilling and dodgy tactics, well, the award goes to the No side and in what could only be called a landslide victory.

• Advertisement

We? you're not even within it you nut.
    Was I addressing you? I don't believe I was. I believe this will be one of those "I told you so" times when you finally realise you should have taken my initial advice :)

There was a time I would have too, until an incident a few months ago.

We were waffling on about politics, and I corrected him on a few points.
    Amiable enough.

We started talking about Bertie, and we both agreed we didn't care for him, but I corrected him on a part of the evidence.

I suddenly looked over and saw him gripping the wheel in a death grip, his face writhing as he tried to control his anger.

I shut up.

He suddenly jerked the car up onto the pavement and told me to get the **** out or he would bate me.

I jumped out and he drove off.

Taxi drivers are dangerous folk.

The one you had, you mean.

Indeed, even though it hurts to engage in the same, monotonous small talk, keeping to topics like how busy the driver is that night is the safest bet. Otherwise you run the risk of having to sit there and listen to someone go nuts over something they've very little understanding about, yet think they're experts in the field of.

This is a bit rich considering you've 44 posts in the EU forum in total, the majority posted since the 29th of September and none of which have much substance or footing in reality.

Also, if any side is to be accused of shilling and dodgy tactics, well, the award goes to the No side and in what could only be called a landslide victory.

44 not enough?
    Maybe some really unhealthy amount makes you erect but most of Ireland have lives.

You vote Yes, I'll vote No.
    Difference is, I'll respect it even though it's utterly undemocratic.

And you know it.

See you Saturday.

I thought you didn't want to converse with me? Yet, here you are addressing me again and again.

Maybe if you're open to changing your mind on that, you might consider changing your mind on the Lisbon Treaty too?

That would be just swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I see no merit in allowing this thread to continue. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement