Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should apply for a visa?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

I have just finished college this year as a mature student so I have not been working full time for three years. I have a bit of unpaid work experience at the minute with an engineering company which could last another year.
    I was a chef and had worked at that for 5 years, but not much in the last 3, bits and pieces here and there.
    My wife has worked for almost 8 years as a personal assistant for the civil service.
    Should we apply for a residency visa under her name and experience or mine?
    I couldent find much in the skills list for her occupation, did I miss it somewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I have just finished college this year as a mature student so I have not been working full time for three years. I have a bit of unpaid work experience at the minute with an engineering company which could last another year.
    I was a chef and had worked at that for 5 years, but not much in the last 3, bits and pieces here and there.
    My wife has worked for almost 8 years as a personal assistant for the civil service.
    Should we apply for a residency visa under her name and experience or mine?
    I couldent find much in the skills list for her occupation, did I miss it somewhere?

I cant see a route for your skills mate as you really have to prove recent 18 Months work experience prior to application. I would check with an agent

Advertisement