Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Graduates

• 02-10-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I'm just wondering, how long is someone considered to be a graduate after they graduate? I've heard it's 2 years, but I've seen employers saying they accept graduates as far back as 2006.

I ask this as I have been travelling for 2 years since I graduated in 2007 and don't know if I should be applying for graduate roles. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Graduate = not much experience after finishing your course & willing to accept a lower rate of pay.

Put it this way, if you're not gonna apply for graduate roles, what are you going to apply for? CEO :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

Tails142 wrote: »
    Graduate = not much experience after finishing your course & willing to accept a lower rate of pay.

Put it this way, if you're not gonna apply for graduate roles, what are you going to apply for? CEO :-)

Well it was a case of do I apply for jobs that require 0-1 years of experience or do I return and continue my studies. The latter being the route I would like to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Apply for both types if jobs.

Advertisement