Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Registered to vote PANIC!!!

Options
  • 02-10-2009 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, maybe I'm freaking out a bit here, but as I've voted in every election & referendum since I reached voting age, I'm a bit concerned that I may be not on the voting register for Lisbon 2 (or Lisbon 1, the repeat).

I recieved a polling information card (the booklet with the text of the amendments to the bill), but didn't get the usual black & white card that you bring to the polling station.

So I just checked on the e;Reg site (online Registor of Electors quiries), entered my details & ..... it says.....

"Your Details could not be found.
    There are a few possibile reasons :
    You are not on the Register of Electors

* Fill in form RFA1, and return to Corporate Services Section, Sligo County Council, Riverside, Sligo.

You are on the Register of Electors, but your details are incorrect"

Now, I haven't changed address or my details since the last local elections, so I'm getting a bit panicky now - I don't have the usual polling card & the "computer says no".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. At the minute, my mind's going back to the previous U.S. election voting scam.. (esp. as I have been a very vocal anti-Lisbon campaigner for this & the last run-in).

EEK!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ok, maybe I'm freaking out a bit here, but as I've voted in every election & referendum since I reached voting age, I'm a bit concerned that I may be not on the voting register for Lisbon 2 (or Lisbon 1, the repeat).

I recieved a polling information card (the booklet with the text of the amendments to the bill), but didn't get the usual black & white card that you bring to the polling station.

So I just checked on the e;Reg site (online Registor of Electors quiries), entered my details & ..... it says.....

"Your Details could not be found.
    There are a few possibile reasons :
    You are not on the Register of Electors

* Fill in form RFA1, and return to Corporate Services Section, Sligo County Council, Riverside, Sligo.

You are on the Register of Electors, but your details are incorrect"

Now, I haven't changed address or my details since the last local elections, so I'm getting a bit panicky now - I don't have the usual polling card & the "computer says no".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. At the minute, my mind's going back to the previous U.S. election voting scam.. (esp. as I have been a very vocal anti-Lisbon campaigner for this & the last run-in).

EEK!

Just go down there. If you voted in the Local Elections this year you will definately still be on the register.

The website can be a bit of a pain at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The cover page of the booklet with the full amendment to the Constitution laid out IS the polling card.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Go to the Polling Station, Bring ID and proof of address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

I recieved a polling information card

At the minute, my mind's going back to the previous U.S. election voting scam.. (esp. as I have been a very vocal anti-Lisbon campaigner for this & the last run-in).

are you serious or is this a joke?? The information card is your polling card. And as for your last statement have some respect for the Irish electoral system. I despair sometimes. Does the current generation look for conspiracies in everything now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Thanks guys - I really value my right to vote (as you can probably tell!)... just got a bit freaked out there (and damn them for changing the voting card layout - I had to root it out of the recycle bin!).

Again, thanks for the information / re-assurance. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

kn wrote: »
    The cover page of the booklet with the full amendment to the Constitution laid out IS the polling card.

This.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Go to the Polling Station, Bring ID and proof of address.

Oh yes, this bit too

EDIT I missed the bit about the booklets. :)

Thanks guys - I really value my right to vote (as you can probably tell!)... just got a bit freaked out there (and damn them for changing the voting card layout - I had to root it out of the recycle bin!).

Again, thanks for the information / re-assurance. Seriously.

Steviemak wrote: »
    are you serious or is this a joke?? The information card is your polling card. And as for your last statement have some respect for the Irish electoral system. I despair sometimes. Does the current generation look for conspiracies in everything now?

I was not joking - The polling cards have never come in that format as far as I remember. Though being of an age that I can not really place much credibilty into what I remember as being actual fact, it's nice to be mistaken for one of the "current generation". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

it's nice to be mistaken for one of the "current generation". :D

Really:rolleyes:

Steviemak wrote: »
    Really:rolleyes:

Hmm.. come to think of it, maybe not. If I start "O.M.G.-ing" and saying "loike, ya know".... shoot me. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement