Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to consider...

Options
  • 02-10-2009 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

If you are voting on Lisbon, either way, life will indeed continue on Saturday morning. Vote on what you believe is best for your country and do not allow yourself to be bullied - that is, at the end of the day, what democracy is all about.

There have been many lies spouted in recent times from both sides of the Lisbon camp - however, it is your responsibility to educate yourself about these matters so as to come to a reasoned conclusion as to how you personally stand with regards to such matters.

If you believe that you have not received sufficient information regarding the provisions of the Lisbon treaty, I strongly recommend that you engage in some personal and informed reading into these matters this morning - either through the Referendum Commission, the EU itself, or through wider academic literature or through reputable commercial media. If you choose to engage in the latter, please remember that many corporate media companies may have their own wider agendas that extend beyond the best interests of the Irish people, and therefore may not be the most objective points of reference.

In summation, history is generally written in the eye of the beholder - so take into account the present circumstances of how your political or ideoligical viewpoints may be constructed herein, and act accordingly. Do not be fooled either way and certainly, do not be pressurised or bullied.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm voting "no" again... but yep, the bullying is annoying, from Biffo last time round saying that the No voters are "those f*ckers (who) should be careful who they listen to".. to the "if you don't know, vote no" idiocracy.

IMO, if you don't know, don't vote.

Or as the OP suggests, get informed (quickly !!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

I'm sticking with NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

It's a NO from me to them :)

And imho if you don't know, then to be safe vote No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It's a NO from me to them :)

And imho if you don't know, then to be safe vote No!

nah if you don't know don't vote, why make a decision you don't have to if you don't know? Why roll the dice on whether you are contributing to the side you want to or not.

It makes no sense, if you don't know get informed (a little late mind because its quite complicated) or don't vote IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

thebman wrote: »
    nah if you don't know don't vote, why make a decision you don't have to if you don't know? Why roll the dice on whether you are contributing to the side you want to or not.

It makes no sense, if you don't know get informed (a little late mind because its quite complicated) or don't vote IMHO.

Nah, if you don't know, vote No. Don't let the government off the hook so easily. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Nah, if you don't know, vote No. Don't let the government off the hook so easily. :)

Its not a vote on the government, we are voting on the Lisbon treaty.

Advertisement