Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to quit without feeling s**t.

Options
  • 02-10-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Anyone ever hear about Patrick Holford's book "How to quit without feeling s**t"? It basically explains how an imbalance in your brain chemistry underlies your addiction, whether it is cigarettes, heroin or sugar (yes, some people can actually become addicted to sugar!). He then explains how the right combination of nutrients can prevent or end withdrawal syptoms, something I personally found to be extremely difficult to deal with when I stopped smoking.

A must read for anyone attempting to kick the habit! Nothing too complicated and the supplements he advises to take will cost you less than nicotine patches or gum. If anyone is interested, I could scan or photocopy some of the relevant pages and send them to you, although with the book selling for about €15 or less it really would be a shame to not own a copy!

Advertisement