Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of receipt for FCA1 form question

Options
  • 02-10-2009 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Just received mine yesterday, does this mean that my new firearm is now in the "system" ?

Was also wondering about the application number, are these number based on the County i am in or are they national ? Lets say number is 012 ,if approved , does that mean i would be getting my payment letter / license printed before somebody that has an application number 125987 for example.
    Is it relevant at all or is it only for identifying my application ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

iwsf wrote: »
    Just received mine yesterday, does this mean that my new firearm is now in the "system" ?
    It effectively means yes and the three month 'clock' is ticking.
    Was also wondering about the application number, are these number based on the County i am in or are they national ? Lets say number is 012 ,if approved , does that mean i would be getting my payment letter / license printed before somebody that has an application number 125987 for example.
    Is it relevant at all or is it only for identifying my application ?
    Not really likely as hypothetically some applications might be dealt with in a matter of days whereas others might take the full three months. It's just a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Submitted the forms last Friday, recieved the letters yesterday.
    Since my numbers were all about 21XX does this mean that only 2000 add are currently in the system I wonder? My 4 were were not in sequence, one or two numbers between each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

submitted one in late August and one last week, both letters came in yesterday with the same deadline date. So they actually collect the application, pile them up and enter them all together.
    Mine are also in 2xxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i left my aplication in on the 9/09/2009 and so far i havnt even got my receipt letter yet!

looking grime for having my new side by side for 1st november but i'l stay in hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

stevoman wrote: »
    i left my aplication in on the 9/09/2009 and so far i havnt even got my receipt letter yet!

Same here no sign of anything but I think it's because Enniscorthy are not processing any paperwork yet.
    They have a sign up in the reception area now saying no firearms applications are being accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I put in all 3 applications about 6 weeks ago and got a call from my FO only last week making an enquiry so mine were gathering dust all that time.
    my extension run out on 31st oct and i have no confirmation letter yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

foxhunter wrote: »
    Same here no sign of anything but I think it's because Enniscorthy are not processing any paperwork yet.
    They have a sign up in the reception area now saying no firearms applications are being accepted.

its a pain. i rang the guards last week and they said the super was on holidays and he obviously wont be looking at them until he gets back. the guard herself had said she had them already to go to him for signing off and looking at etc but i still never received any letter stating that it was even received. god only knows what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Sent mine in on 14 september, no reciept yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

28th August...Nothing yet!!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

12th August. Nothing yet.:mad:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

From the NARGC WEbsite today, note the piece about not accepting FAC1
    URGENT - RE THE RENEWAL OF FIREARMS LICENSES

We are informed that a large number (the majority) of those people who have had their licenses extended to October 31st have not yet submitted their renewal applications to their local Garda stations. Two months have now passed since licenses were extended. The letter of extension provided for the possibility to renew within three months prior to expiry of the extension but it seems that many people have put completing the form on the long finger while some have also been given misleading information by some Gardai to the effect that they cannot renew until the end of the period of extension i.e. 31st October. This latter information is completely incorrect. Lest there be any doubt whatsoever, renewals should be submitted to your Garda station as soon as possible. If applicants encounter this response at their local Garda station, they should insist on submitting their applications and refer the Garda concerned to the Firearms Policy Unit at Garda HQ who will confirm that licence renewals should be submitted without delay.
    Failure to submit until the end of the month, or even close to it, will in all probability result in a delay in your license being processed as there will then be a rush of applications. There will be no point in contacting the NARGC office as there will be nothing we can do. We simply cannot get everyone pushed to the top of the list for processing. The new system is still ironing out the wrinkles and this is likely to continue for some time.
    Please be aware, it is in your own interests to get your renewals in as fast and as early as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

15th of august not a word yet :(

We are informed that a large number (the majority) of those people who have had their licenses extended to October 31st have not yet submitted their renewal applications to their local Garda stations. Two months have now passed since licenses were extended.............

But only 2 weeks since the system came online. I submitted mine on 12th August. Was told they are being entered onto the system 2 weeks ago. 2 days ago told they are still not on the system as they are waiting on a piece of info first. So what difference did submitting them immediately make?
    ......many people have put completing the form on the long finger while some have also been given misleading information by some Gardai...........

With delays in the SIs and commissioners guidelines how can someone submit a completed and accurate application without being able to provide the full facts/information. As to the Gardai and misleading information, some could be attributed to ignorance, some to refusal to deal with the applications and some to the Gardai being in the dark with regards to the procedures involved.
    ......they cannot renew until the end of the period of extension i.e. 31st October. This latter information is completely incorrect. Lest there be any doubt whatsoever, renewals should be submitted to your Garda station as soon as possible. If applicants encounter this response at their local Garda station, they should insist on submitting their applications and refer the Garda concerned to the Firearms Policy Unit at Garda HQ who will confirm that licence renewals should be submitted without delay.

There was a debate as to when you should/could submit your application. 3 months prior to the expiry of your extensions was accepted as the minimum and was stated here by a good few lads (myself included).
    Failure to submit until the end of the month, or even close to it, will in all probability result in a delay in your license being processed as there will then be a rush of applications

This again goes back to my point on the SI and commissioners guidelines. Lads holding off until they get all the facts then submitting an application. I doubt if anybody purposely left it to the last minute to apply.
    The new system is still ironing out the wrinkles and this is likely to continue for some time.

6 weeks after the start of the first batch of extensions the system is only up and running. 2 weeks later (now 8 weeks into the extensions) details being put into system and problems that were not noticed before are now slowing the process. Range authorisation, more specified details, etc. Its not wrinkles needing ironed its a roadway of bumps needing steam rolled.
    .......it is in your own interests to get your renewals in as fast and as early as possible!

From accounts of everyone who submitted their applications early my only question is WHY?? It (because of delays, mismanagement, lack of information) seems a pointless pursuit. I'm personally waiting over 7 weeks for word. Nothing. So why should i have bothered getting it in on the 12th August when it made no difference.

I understand there may be lads that haven't submitted their applications due to work, family or even laziness but why push the point of submitting early when for 6 weeks it would have no difference at all.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

How can they say they're not accepting applications for firearms certs?
    I would have thought they have an obligation under the act enacted on the 1st August to accept applications for firearms certs from anyone on the new forms.
    If my local station put up a sign like that, I'd go to the one in the next parish.
    If they did the same, I'd go to the supers office in the district headquarters.

Like in fairness lads, either the shop is open or it isnt?
    If they decided they werent goin to deal with passport applications for 3 months all of a shot I'm sure Joe Duffy's ears would be ringin with the phone calls he'd get ha ha

Originally Posted by A Country Voice

How can they say they're not accepting applications for firearms certs?

As mentioned some stations simply are not up and running. Others have such a back log they are trying to give themselves some breathing room. Others don't know what exactly to do so are adopting the head in the sand attitude.
    If they decided they werent goin to deal with passport applications for 3 months all of a shot I'm sure Joe Duffy's ears would be ringin with the phone calls he'd get ha ha

Therein lies another problem. A few months back our lads came back from Germany with over 20 medals from gold to bronze. Not one media medium would take up the story. Dervla O'Rouke comes fourth and gets full back page coverage, for NO medal. Our (pro government ????) media does not want to hear about firearms unless its some gangland type issue. A few months ago there was an article in the papers about a gangster in Dublin being shot with a shotgun. What was on the front page. An "evil black Glock". What had it got to do with the story other than to sensationlize it. Joe Duffy woudn't take your calls on firearms because its "taboo". End rant. (Sorry i'm doing alot of that lately)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Rant away, you're not wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

daveob007 wrote: »
    I put in all 3 applications about 6 weeks ago and got a call from my FO only last week making an enquiry so mine were gathering dust all that time.
    my extension run out on 31st oct and i have no confirmation letter yet.

I got into a panic reading this (31st Oct deadline) and I just checked my extension letter and it says 31st May 2010. Have other licence holders different extension expiry dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

746watts wrote: »
    I got into a panic reading this (31st Oct deadline) and I just checked my extension letter and it says 31st May 2010. Have other licence holders different extension expiry dates?

Yep, other people will because the new system will have renewals throughout the year, not all coming up end of July like last system. So people will have different dates.

Advertisement