Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postpone pension payments

Options
  • 02-10-2009 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Could any one tell me if i am able to postpone my pension payments for a year?. I will be 2 years in the pension on the 1st Jan '10. After that, I would like to see if it was possible to postpone payments for 6 months to a year cus we are building our house and the extra bit of cash would come in very handy. Its probably not the wiseest thing to do but would like to know if its possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

After the first year of paying into your pension you can go on a 'premium holiday'. Just write to them and let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

LowOdour wrote: »
    Could any one tell me if i am able to postpone my pension payments for a year?. I will be 2 years in the pension on the 1st Jan '10. After that, I would like to see if it was possible to postpone payments for 6 months to a year cus we are building our house and the extra bit of cash would come in very handy. Its probably not the wiseest thing to do but would like to know if its possible.

Why not ring and discuss your plans with your pension provider?

(It should be no problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Also consider reducing to minimum premium per month rather than taking the premium holiday.

Advertisement