Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inducement Info

Options
  • 02-10-2009 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

The due date has come and gone so my partner is going to be induced next Tuesday evening. They want her in at seven in the hospital and reckon they are going to put the gel on her at about ten that night.

We're just wondering - does it start straight away then or what? The doctor has said they may need to add more gel at six in the morning if nothing is happening.

Like we're wondering should I organise a place in the area to stay if nothing is happening and they want me to go home rather than be there with her during the night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Mine was probably slightly different because I was induced early so junior really didn't want to come out but this is what happened me.
    Went in at 6pm, first lot of gel at around 7pm. Really small pains started but nothing to write home about. My boyfriend stayed until 11pm and then went home. Next lot of gel at 1am. This started worse pains but they were still only like cramps. A pain in the ass because you can't sleep though! Next morning my waters were broken by the doctor... then the real fun started :D Contractions straight away. After a few hours of getting nowhere even though getting pains they put me on the drip and this started things properly.

It can be long. But as I said my fella really didn't want to come out. I'd organise somewhere to stay if I was you. My boyfriend went home and came back in the following morning. Our little fella didn't arrive until 10.30pm that night so he would have been dead on his feet if he'd stayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

My son also didnt want to come out. He just wasnt ready. My inducement sounds a bit different. I went in early around 8 am. They did something to break the waters with a balloon. I cant remember what it's called but it was not fun. Then wait wait wait wait. Then eventually the waters break. And then hooked up to an IV of pitocen and some other IVs I cant remember what exactly. Lots of intolerable contractions. Then at 3 am nothing nothing, no movement. Baby's head got stuck mid contraction, I developed an infection, another IV of anti biotics, c section administered due to a failure and risk of cerbral palsy from the baby's head being stuck mid contraction. At 5 am next day wheeled out of the labour room and into surgery.

Advertisement