Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Statue In Donegal

Options
  • 02-10-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

From Disassociated Press

Friday 2nd October 2009

Moving Statue Grants Available Early Next Year

Fáilte Ireland today confirmed that as of January 1st 2010 grants will be available to communities to enable them to begin works on their own moving statues. The news comes just a day after the Kerrytown, Dungloe statue which was funded by a pilot project last year went into full apparition mode.

The grants will be available to any local community in the country who wish to build or update an existing statue under the terms of the EU Religious Movement & Transformation Charter signed in Brussels earlier this year. These grants can be for between €500 to €10,000 depending on the size of the chosen statue, the movements it will need to make and the publicity required.

One of the earliest grants issued in 1985 to Ballinspittle, Co. Cork is still seen to this day as one of the EU’s most successful initiatives. The return on the initial investment in the small county Cork village is thought to have been immense. The provision of several kilos of psychedelic drugs is thought to have aided that particular project and made it the global success that it was.

It must be said that some experts are skeptical as to why these movement grants are only issued in times of economic recession. They are seen by many as one of the most effective diversionary weapons in the EU grant arsenal and have proved successful not only in Ireland but in countries such as France and Yugoslavia in the past.

Dungloe, a small town in the west of County Donegal is thought to have been chosen as the latest EU project as the town is no stranger to moving statues of Mary. The town hosts a festival each year in early August which celebrates Mary. Animated females are seen to glide across a large stage and wish for world peace and an end to global poverty during this week long event.

The fact that this latest grant aided scheme is based in the town land of Kerrytown is thought to have been a deliberate attempt by Fáilte Ireland to confuse American visitors into thinking that they are in fact in the southwest of the country.

It cannot be overlooked that this project was timed to coincide with the Lisbon Treaty vote which takes place today. It is thought that many thousands of devote Roman Catholics will be swayed to vote Yes to the Treaty with the promise of further EU sponsored moving statue schemes should the treaty be accepted. The use of the subliminal messaging in the fact that ‘Mary is moving and appears almost lifelike’ has been denied by the EU as being a reference to a national politician based in the county.

It remains to be seen whether the EU will insist on the addition of its trademark circle of stars to the statue in Kerrytown, Dungloe as it did back in 1985 in Ballinspittle as seen here
    _694799_virgin300.jpg
    It is thought that a plaque stating its involvement may be erected at a later date.

The commencement of movement of The Dungloe statue is seen as strengthening the need for the western rail corridor and the improvement of roads in the area. The EU also denies that the presence of the Google Street car at the grotto during the launch was planned. Google today stated that, as is policy, the face of the statue will in fact be blurred out to protect the virgin’s identity. This has happened twice before with the county’s two other virgins.

In conclusion, as you drive the back roads of the county to visit the EU’s latest project and your faith in the God of Europe increases with every kilometre, don’t think about the cold weather or pelting rain but instead remember that famous biblical quote from Matthew 22 v.14
    “For many are coweled, but few are frozen”.

Amen.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They might get the statue to move over to Crolly to help pull the machines out of the bog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I got stuck in a bog once.

Nearly killed myself climbing out over the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

this is how you know its Mushie season again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

That's statutary assault! :pac:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Due to public demand a second showing has been arranged.

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2009/10/02/another-apperance-by-blessed-virgin-predicted/

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

what is Disassociated Press? Did you write that piece yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

what about that tree stump they 'discovered' a few months ago in Rathkeale, Limerick, which bore a shape resembling the ephigy of mary on it... it made the papers etc. however, when Rathkeales reputation became clearer, it was viewed with much scepticism, and it then became more of a joke, than an miraculous sign of some sort....

what I want to know is, what became of the tree that belonged to that stump? Surely there must have been a corresponding image of mary on it, that is now going unprayed to. If they were smart, they could have cut it in 32, and sold a slice to every county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Creeeeepy! I know if I saw a statue turning to look and me and mine - I'd run for the hills(assuming I'd even go near such a gathering)!!!! These folk are making us all a laughing stock with the rest of Ireland never mind the bigger world out there:mad:

Durnish wrote: »
    what is Disassociated Press? Did you write that piece yourself?

Yeah. Thats what happens when I have too much time on my hands I guess:)

• Advertisement

it's very funny,
    I should have said that but I didn't know if it was yr original work.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Hi lads surely this is blasphemy or something, very funny though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

Blasphemy ? now thats a new slant. If you were there, I don't think "funny" would be a word you would use to decribe it. Scary, incrredible, amazing maybe, but it was certainly not funny.

The fictional news report = funny. Not the event itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Yes the fictional news report was very funny, that's what I meant ,I'm sure the experience itself was far from funny and from listening to the witnesses I'm sure they were sincere in their account of the visions, far be it from me to cast aspersions on any miracles or apparitions considering what just took place in the Lisbon referendum!!:rolleyes:

Hello. Can you hear me?

180.jpg

blasphemy? more in the eyes of the beholder, I think.

Some people, some weird kind of believers, may think that the claim that a plaster image of the mother of Jesus /God can cry or move is blasphemous in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

jimm55 wrote: »
    Blasphemy ? now thats a new slant. If you were there, I don't think "funny" would be a word you would use to decribe it. Scary, incrredible, amazing maybe, but it was certainly not funny.

Me and satan think its really funny, (throws head back and laughs evilly) "hwaaaa-haaa-haa, hwaaa-haaa-haaa" (rubs hands quickly together) etc etc :P

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

Durnish wrote: »
    blasphemy? more in the eyes of the beholder, I think.

Some people, some weird kind of believers, may think that the claim that a plaster image of the mother of Jesus /God can cry or move is blasphemous in itself.
    Most people wuold say it could not happen. They would think that the sun does not roll around in the sky and turn blue in Knock in front of 40,000 people either. But it did today.

• Advertisement

Most people wuold say it could not happen. They would think that the sun does not roll around in the sky and turn blue in Knock in front of 40,000 people either. But it did today.
    Well the sky was blue in this pic ;)

pig.jpg

Blue mooooooooooon. You saw me standing alone with no mind of my own. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Barnaby

I know someone who was there today & saw it. She is not an avid believer in fact a real sceptic but she admits that she saw it & it happened!

Too much Blue Nun Id say :)

Sorry no she was most definitely 100% sober!

I saw an Electric Blue years ago. Then I saw her face. Now I'm a believer. Not a trace of doubt in my mind.

Not a trace of doubt in mine either, I am a believer!

Dam. I think I blue that !

I see the New Age followers were first in with this breaking story - about 2 years ago I think it was

• Advertisement

In fairness my friend did not see the sun turn blue. She saw the clouds part, the sun rolled as did a white circle beside it which looked like the moon or the Host. Both rolled/spun.
    Apparently the priests that were saying Mass left & came out to watch. When it was over everyone clapped. I only have this brief information from her on the telephone but will see her tomorrow to hear more.
    I stress this is a young girl who is a sceptic, not a bible thumper by any means & went with her mother, she seriously is not making this up & is stunned by what she saw!

Advertisement