Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Statue In Donegal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Barnaby

Yea right, you do not know this girl! Not one to be influenced by anyone or thing! She saw what she saw, you can argue until doomsday, it happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Well, personally, I was at neither Kerrytown, or Knock.
    Nor, to my knowledge, was anyone that I know there.

Therefore, I have absolutely no way of making any objective judgement as to the reliability or otherwise of the witnesses - so, I'm quite happy to keep an open mind, and see what, if anything, transpires.

I suppose it depends how many people saw (or thought they saw) what.
    If 40.000 people saw something, it's pretty hard to believe that there wasn't one rational thinking person, or downright unbeliever, among them.
    If 40 people out of 40,000 say they saw something, then that negates any mass hysteria theory....... but it could considerably weaken the case for believing that anything unusual actually happened. It would then depend on the reliability of the witnesses.

I do, however, think it is unreasonable to dismiss peoples religious beliefs without giving reasonable consideration to what they have to say.
    By the same token, it is unreasonable to expect others to accept our personal beliefs.

A delicate balancing act on a discussion forum, methinks!icon7.gif

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Barnaby

Well said Noreen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Surely if the sun rolled or whatever then it would have been noticable anywhere in the world where the sun was shining instead of just being seen by a group of people who'd gathered specifically wanting something like that to happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

jimm55 wrote: »
    Most people wuold say it could not happen. They would think that the sun does not roll around in the sky and turn blue in Knock in front of 40,000 people either. But it did today.

40,000 people saw the sun roll around in the sky and not one of them had a camcorder to record the evidence? :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

I wasn't at knock, but i was sent these photos by people who were.

Not much out of the ordinary or exciting to see in these images but the sun is a tricky subject to capture on camera.They described what happened as definitely unnatural.

Taken at 3.18pm, 11th Oct 2009;

irlpic wrote: »
    I wasn't at knock, but i was sent these photos by people who were.

Not much out of the ordinary or exciting to see in these images but the sun is a tricky subject to capture on camera.They described what happened as definitely unnatural.

Taken at 3.18pm, 11th Oct 2009;

l'm still surprised that there is no video footage (yet) of something so "unnatural"

Did the person who took the photos describe what happened there to you?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apart from the last one all those pics appeared to have been "air brushed". And a very poor effort was made of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

muffler wrote: »
    Apart from the last one all those pics appeared to have been "air brushed". And a very poor effort was made of it too.

Wrong.
    I recieved these images direct from source (a low quality camera phone) and can pledge for their authenticity.The visible colour may have been distorted only by the expected overexposure, due to excessive light.
    Still,they are an actual record of the event.Being a sceptic myself,i would also like to see video evidence as a matter of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

this occourance in Knock proves that Christianity is a religion that is based on pagan sun worship... take a quick look at this, it will change your mind on the subject for ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKG59NUdn8A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

furiousox wrote: »
    l'm still surprised that there is no video footage (yet) of something so "unnatural"

Did the person who took the photos describe what happened there to you?

Its even more far-fetched that there are no photos or videos of the event, than the event actually happening.

A bus and a Luas crashed on O'Connell street. Did you see the amount of photos on the net within 5 minutes, clearly showing a bus and a tram crashed.

The virgin Mary appears at a predicted time and place and what photos of videos are there? None. A few photos of the sun and thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

furiousox wrote: »
    40,000 people saw the sun roll around in the sky and not one of them had a camcorder to record the evidence? :rolleyes:
    Actually , I do have video evidience of Our Lady when she was giving the message to Joe Coleman , and the sun . The quality is not very good as I was getting pushed about so much, it was impossible to keep it steady. I want to show it to the church authorities first. Having said that , it is clearer than anything I have seen on u-tube so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I hope the second posters faith is better than their spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i know its unusual to see sun and clouds in ireland but c'mon

anyway beleive in stuff you cant prove is the basis of faith (mind you this sums it up for me)

Douglas Adams, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
    "But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. Q.E.D."
    "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
    "Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing

hmm see weird stuff after staring at the sun

Well first of all, there's no "mary" to be seen anywhere in the video so the title is misleading.

All l can see is the sun shining through some clouds, it's not spinning or dancing across the sky as was reported.

l wasn't there so l accept that whatever happened may not be coming across too well in the video but the sun breaking through some clouds doesn't really warrant a round of applause, no matter how bad the summer was.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Call me Old Fashioned...But What were we supposed to see? The second video if you squinted your eyes you might have seen something..

In the first one Was all a blur...

And then what do we do when the mother of God appears?? We Clap! ...
    " Good Show Mary! did'nt think you'd be showing up!"

andyc09lad wrote: »
    Joe Coleman has said that'll she'll appear in knock on the 31st of october and because no one is believing that'll she is appearing she'll deliever a message thats gonna rock the world

Led Zeppelin for Slane 2010?

Yeah!!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

she'll deliever a message thats gonna rock the world
    *announces details of Status Quo's comeback tour"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Joe Coleman has said that'll she'll appear in knock on the 31st of october and because no one is believing that'll she is appearing she'll deliever a message thats gonna rock the world

I started out keeping an open mind on this - but when I heard Joe Coleman say she said "My church" - then that caused some real problems for me - because I don't believe Mary would refer to it as "her" church. It is not Mary's church, it's Gods church.
    Now I'm not saying that people didn't see what they have claimed to - but I'm not willing to believe that the Blessed Virgin put herself in Gods place, either........

Noreen

• Advertisement
Advertisement